Mai HiME

Stuart

School Idol
Mai HiME is a series that has been doing the fansub circuit for some time having garnered quite a fan following, I've just started watching it and am stunned that it hasn't been licensed. Combining the same sort of physical humour and jaw-dropping action that made R.O.D such a smash this is a series long overdue an airing on our (or the US') shores.

HiME basically translates to Highly Advanced Materialising Equipment, which allow their users to summon everything from elemental powers such as fire to zoid-like beasts. At Fuuka Academy there are several such HiME users who battle amongst each other, the series basically follow Mai a new student to Fuuka and a powerful HiME user who along with her new found friends must protect the school from a mysterious entity.

So anyone else seen Mai HiME and fuming over the lack of a forthcoming release or are you happy for it to languish in obscurity...post away :)

i very surprized, consideing how much hype this seire had before hitting tv in japan. This is the sort of show i though ADV would have been after but they would have siad something already if they wanted it.

This is something i've really wanted to see, but no licence and I don't download fansubs , so its a little frustrating. Still fingers crossed someone snaps it up fairly soon. Its certainly popular!

I will most likey be dead after writeing this post so i just wanted every know the truth before she sends the hitman after me
Manganminx love fanservice series ...... just look at what shes buying at the moment .... the facts speak for them self :p

im going to say my good byes to my family now ....

I shall send you pieces of them in letters till you take it back :twisted:

Edit: And besides the only fanservicy series im buying is Tenjho Tenje, so there :p

Lol. Was thinking of putting up a post about this actually. It is great. The manga is good too. The anime and manga differ a fair bit but both are excellent. I've actually kinda given up finishing Bubblegum Crisis 2040 to watch this. BGC just doesn't really cut it to be honest.

i really liked Mai-Hime, its very funny, and the animation is really top-notch.
i wouldnt be suprised if a company like Bandai, licensed it... i dnt know why, but to me Bandai suits this dunno y....... or mabye ADV.

i may get it if there is an official R1/R2 release.

Ninja Boy! said:
i really liked Mai-Hime, its very funny, and the animation is really top-notch.
i wouldnt be suprised if a company like Bandai, licensed it... i dnt know why, but to me Bandai suits this dunno y....... or mabye ADV.

i may get it if there is an official R1/R2 release.

i hope it is ADV then it means we got more of a chance of getting it quicker over here. bandai are bring alot of stuff out in the uk now but they are all still old seires that have been out for a long time.

Mai-Hime was produced by Sunrise so I assume Bandai have first option on it (Bandai own Sunrise). I'm certain it will be announced during the US convention season, 90% for sure.

I liked it, certainly one of the best shows currently available online. It is extremely suprising that it hasn't been liscensed - it seems like it fits the mould for a popular and good seller terribly well.

Ok just finished this show. Have mixed feelings about it. Definitely a good show but just feel it left far too much unexplained. Definitely recommend it though. Wouldn't mind having a bit of a discussion about it to see what people think about some of the unexplained things :D.

Back