Manga Ent. to release Bleach on UK DVD; starting late 2007

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Manga Ent. UK have today announced that they are going to release the popular Shonen Jump supernatural action adventure <strong>Bleach </strong>on UK DVD - the first 12 episodes of which shall be hitting shop shelves before the end of 2007.
Take a look at our <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIIg_gQT0s0">exclusive video of the announcement</a>, recorded by jeremy1985.

Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:
Manga Ent. releasing both Bleach and Naruto... Impressive!

cause no one else is suicidal enough to sell such a long series?
At least they're doing it in a way that seems possible to collect. 12+ sets are something people shouldnt have a problem with. Bleach fans had just better hope that they don't have anymore dubtitle mess ups though...

Since when is releasing the two most popular anime series of the past few years suicidal? They're long, yes, but very popular. Naruto has done very well for them, and I'm sure Bleach will too, although some TV exposure would help. Still, this is very good news, if expected.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:

At least they're doing it in a way that seems possible to collect. 12+ sets are something people shouldnt have a problem with. Bleach fans they don't have anymore dubtitle mess ups though...

The recent spate of dubtitles is the fault of Manga's new owners. Apparently, the people in charge at Starz Home Entertainment seem to think that putting real subs on Manga DVDs costs too much money. Manga like the situation as much as we do, but they've got no choice.

YES! I'm happy now Bleach is an awsome series! I just hope the series doesn't get the mangling that other Manga Entertaiment anime's have had >_>

Noratav said:
The recent spate of dubtitles is the fault of Manga's new owners. Apparently, the people in charge at Starz Home Entertainment seem to think that putting real subs on Manga DVDs costs too much money. Manga like the situation as much as we do, but they've got no choice.
Huh, and of course it'll be manga's fault when Naruto doesn't sell, eh?

Anyway, same price point as Naruto I take it?

Noratav said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:

At least they're doing it in a way that seems possible to collect. 12+ sets are something people shouldnt have a problem with. Bleach fans they don't have anymore dubtitle mess ups though...

Well that's just an idiotic mindset. With dubtitles on DVD's and no option of a proper subtitle track, the movie(or series) becomes awkward or impossible to watch depending how much has been changed in the dub from the original.

YAY, I love Manga ENT... *hugs Employees of Manga* Now I finally be able to collect them.

Oi, Some TV channel please pick up Bleach

only really started to watch bleach, its not the amazing, but its something to watch every now and then in my opinion. Still i thought this would get released after the games where to be released here.

Awesome news, i will also collect this i think, i own quite a bit of Manga Ent compared to other companies DVD releases.

Still hoping for TV though.

Glad to here this is going to be released im sure to pick it up. But hopefully it wont take to much room on my shelves to collect the whole series :lol:

Yay, this is great news! Of course, I'll have to put up with that hideous Manga logo on the box, but at least I can finally watch Bleach! I'm really looking forward to this! ^_^

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Noratav said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:

Well that's just an idiotic mindset. With dubtitles on DVD's and no option of a proper subtitle track, the movie(or series) becomes awkward or impossible to watch depending how much has been changed in the dub from the original.

Well it's not as if the guys responsible for this actually know something about anime. What Manga should do is actually force them to watch dubtitled Naruto, and then ask if they think it's even vaguely acceptable to release it. If they have any pride (which they probably don't) in the products their company releases, they'll say not.

Back