Masamune Shirow Reprints

Maltos

Stand User
Big Ghost in the Shell anime fan and i own the first manga. But recently I've heard around that all of Shirow's manga are being reprinted by Dark Horse. Looking around, I'm holding off on getting Appleseed till it's fully reprinted and I'm looking at getting Dominion.

My question is; are the reprints right to left?
Also, if so, are they reprinting GitS right to left? Because i know the more recent GitS 1.5 isn't flipped.

Also interested in other people opinions on Shirow's other work [than GitS], which is you favourite?

I swear I posted a reply to this. Maybe I thought about it.

Anyway, where'd you get the information about the reprints?

Also, I doubt they'd change something majorly like that with just a reprint. They'd do a 3rd edition (in the case of GITS 1) and a 2nd edition (in the case of GITS 2) for changes, like they did adding the hentai bit into the 2nd edition of GITS 1.

You could always hope though.

There are a hell of a lot of Dark Horse titles that I really hope get new editions, that's why I'm trying to spread the word about them.

Well looking at the Dark Horse website

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=14-257

That's volume two of Appleseed that is being released soon and it states;

Appleseed is now presented for the first time in America in right-to-left reading format, as originally published in Japan.

Looking at a couple of other Shirow titles on their site there are new versions, all with similar cover styles and they all say something along the lines of: "now available in right to left!".

while I do find it nice to have it right no left as there is no mirroring of the images, I can't help, but pity the fact they pulled out 3z3 eyes :(

Back