Metropolis airs on Channel 4

cool, i've never seen this film before and the reviews of it sound really good.

Typically it's on sunday morning, i'm going to a halloween party saturday night, and i'll have to wake up to set my video recorder *is an idiot who can't work a vcr* I'm going to be wrecked! ^_^

I've never understood putting anime on in early morning timeslots. The audience is the most minimal you can possibly make it. Anime is niche, but most people who want to see anime buy it on DVD already. And then you put it on at 5am and expect people to watch it.

Mind you, it is Metropolis which is pretty distinctly average IMO. Tezuka's style isn't the most endearing, and I'm no fan of CGI, especially when it's nothing too incredible in the movie. The plot and the characters are dull too. Worth recording, but not the money I got it for.

Just a note.

According to the Channel 4 website Metropolis is now showing at 05:10, not 04:10.

EDIT: Nevermind. As Unit 0 pointed out, it's probably like that because the clocks get set back one hour at midnight

Also, does anybody by chance have the VideoPlus number for this? I didn't bother to go and get a paper. =P

Daz said:
Also, does anybody by chance have the VideoPlus number for this? I didn't bother to go and get a paper. =P
554382 I think. I'm assuming Videoplus takes the change into account, because I can't be bothered to stay up that late either!

Concrete badger said:
Daz said:
554382 I think. I'm assuming Videoplus takes the change into account, because I can't be bothered to stay up that late either!

Heh, thanks. I managed to find it in some TV magazine we have, only to find out that my parent's nice new DVD/VHS player/recorder doesn't even do video plus :shock: .

You can of course set the time and date for recording, but that becomes awkward in situations such as this, since the manual doesn't bloody say whether the recorder will change for daylight saving time or not! =P

I just set it to record at 04:10. I haven't checked the video yet, but it's either going to be spot-on(if the time on the recorder changed), or I have an hour of something else recorded before Metropolis. =P

I was quite suprised it was the subbed version, I thought it would be the dubbed version. still it was good that channel 4 chose to show the japanese soundtrack.

I also was suprised that is was subbed, in the listings they were saying it was dubbed. I also liked the fact that there were no adverts, a perk of it being at an godforsaken hour.

I was pretty impressed that it was subbed too, although I'm waiting for my dad to finish with the TV (one VCR in an entire house=not good)...I'll finish watching it later tonight before Audition starts.

Back