Metropolis airs on Channel 4

well i think i will just buy the dvd way easy that way :)

edit: wait now i think about it ive already seen this on sky one and i didnt like it that much so there no point :)

Ooh, absolutely love that movie! It's so well done despite the unconventional drawing style of some of the characters. It's just brought together so eloquently and for those that can stay up to watch it, do!

I remember years ago, long before I got into anime channel 4 used to show a bit of anime late at night, I remember they showed one thing called The 3 Kings or something with 3 Kings in the name.

Metropolis is great, but I wouldn’t take it as a sign that more anime will shown on terrestrial TV. Metropolis unfortunately falls into the all-ages/close-Disney movie genre and can be passed off as such, the average joe isn’t going to know its Japanese.
It’s the same reason why the all the Miyazaki movies get into the cinemas, they’re not primarily thinking about anime fans when they release them, they’re thinking of the kids and their parents that go to see Disney movies and like.

I work in a newsagents so I need to get up at 5 to start work just before 6. Before I work on the till we have to put all of the parts of the newspapers together for themn to be sold, after that I work on the till.

Well of course another ridiculous time slot for anime, but good to see some more anime on tv. I'm not sure if it will be my kind of thing, but i think i will record it anyway, if i remember that is :lol:

DaNiMé said:
just a totally irrelivant question here... if you have a video/dvd recorder, can u record off Sky without Sky +? :shock:
In my room i can only record Sky channels, as for reasons i can't remember the aerial doesn't work *pretty irrelevant piece of information :lol: *

DaNiMé said:
just a totally irrelivant question here... if you have a video/dvd recorder, can u record off Sky without Sky +? :shock:

You might have to set your video so that the sky channel is tuned in. I had to with mine.

DaNiMé said:

With my TV, if you go to channel 6 you also get the cable/sky. So I set it to record channel six, and it works fine. Though, you should make sure that the Sky is set to the right channel, also. :wink:

Back