Monster licensed....

If the sources speak the truth, this could be some of the best new release news all year (not to mention a break from the ADV uncertainty). Monster and Honey & Clover on DVD? Seriously?! I'll be very, very, pleasantly surprised if this is the case.

I highly doubt C21media would post this news without any real substance.

C21media are a media news outlet and are highly respected within the industry.

Viz have been pushing this at NATPE,events for awhile it was reported on AoDVD last year, but sadly that doesn't mean it's licensed, they've been doing the same with Honey And Clover and HunterXHunter for a couple of years and in the past have done it with and couple of other shows they never licensed .

Basically what they do is promote some properties at trade shows and the like in the hope of finding partners for merchandising, broadcast etc. so that it becomes viable to license the properties.

So this is old news and doesnt mean its licensed it just means they would like to license it but at this time its not necessary viable, however when they do things like this it does increase the chance of a show getting released but it's still notthing concrete

Viz have been marketing this at NAPTE last year as far as I'm aware, so this is nothing new.

Sy said:
Great news. Shame it's Viz though.

Monster should be released properly; the manga was released totally unedited and on the Viz Signature imprint. I'm sure Honey & Clover/Nana would be too because of the audience they're aimed at.
Though, they have been stupid enough to muck up many Shounen Jump titles, so it could well be the same for the two Shoujo Beat titles.

That still doesn't mean it's confirmed.

It's confirmed when they give a press releases/we see solicitations/they list it on their site/retailer sites, etc.

I would like more information on exactly what NAPTE is though.

About #*@%ing time! I haven't been keeping up with anime recently but Ive been wanting a Monster release since I watched the second episode.

Back