More info on the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone UK box set

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Following the the news of the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex UK box set that appeared on Play.com last week, Manga Ent. UK have sent us more information about these climatic releases of Stand Alone Complex 1st GIG.<ul><li>The 7 disc Stand Alone Complex box set will not include the UK Exclusive interview featurettes with Richard Epcar and Terratag, the quizes and DTS audio option. However the 7 disc set does have all of the Production IG interviews, Japanese/English 2.0 stereo and 5.1 audio options and English subs, Character profiles, episode synopsis and "Science Of Stand Alone Complex" essays.

<li>As for the fans that have supported the series by buying each DVD in the series. Manga intends to reward these fans in a special way, by making a limited number of the Collectible Tins available with Stand Alone Complex #7. However, no specific retailers can be confirmed just yet.

<li>Disc 2 on the Stand Alone Complex #7 DVD will be a hybrid disc with ROM content including the Laughing Man hacker simulator and wallpapers and the aforementioned featurette on Paul Nicholson of Terratag fame.</ul>Click here to visit the official UK website for Stand Alone Complex.

Ahh, nice to see Manga Ent. UK treating us to more UK exclusives. The interviews with Terratag and Epcar sound great, though I'm more impressed that the people who collected each volume seperately will be rewarded with limited edition DVD tins :)

Boy, tough choice! Either get the entire series on the cheap, or get (slightly) more extra's, DTS, and a tin.

Still, I've collected volumes 1-3 so far. If I can get hold of volume 7 with the tin (I presume this will be able to hold the entire series?), then I'll probably have to go with that. It ought to be available at places like Play.com so I'm not too worried. Heck, I might even buy volume 7 before the others just to ensure I get that tin. :mrgreen:

I have to say, I'm actually quite impressed with the way Manga have thought this release through. Ordinarily when a boxset is released I feel cheated that they didn't deem to notify us earlier so we could go for the cheaper option. But to me, the individual release discs seem to be just as worth it now.

That sounds like an excellent deal to me especially at such a low low price, i already have a DVD fansubbed version but i wouldnt mind to have the official version!

cercia said:
Wait, it's just a tin??? I thought it was a box set!!!

If you're buying the individual DVD's, then the 7th volume will be available with a special edition tin to store the entire series in.

The £40 (£32 at play.com) boxset is different, and contains the entire series, just without the DTS track DVD's . No tin, it'll probably have its own custom case though (we still haven't seen what it looks like since it'll only be out mid-november).

So yeah, the boxset advertised at play.com is for the entire series. Just doesn't contain a tin. And volume 7 of the individual releases should be available with an optional tin (and extra DVD IIRC).

Does anybody know if the subtitle sync problem will be sorted out on the box set edition?

Also subedii, what does IIRC mean?

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Does anybody know if the subtitle sync problem will be sorted out on the box set edition?

Also subedii, what does IIRC mean?

"If I Remember Correctly"

I don't know if the subtitles problem has been sorted out, but if I were to guess I'd say no. Largely because they're probably going to use the same masters for this boxset that they used for the individual releases.

Still, you'd get this problem even if you bought the individual volumes, so it's not as if it makes too much difference either way. You might be able to e-mail Manga about it, but don't hold your breath on a real response. Likelihood is we'll only really find out when it gets released.

I guess I've decided on getting this boxset. Leaves more money for other anime.

subedii said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Well if they sort out the black box on volume five then I guess I could live with it.
I haven't seen volume 5. Whats' the problem?
There's a black box around the subtitles, it's very distracting.

I contacted manga about it and they actually sent me a reply. I was amazed.

Well I emailed them mentioning the subtitle problem and the fact that the 2.0 Japanese audio was in fact English 2.0 and I was disappointed with what I got. I also mentioned that I had been waiting weeks for my copy of Volume 4 which I sent back to them due to audio problems(kept breaking up).

Hello,

Thanks for your email. On behalf of Manga please accept my apologies for
the delay in delivering your new GITS:SAC Vol.4 DVD to you.
Unfortunately, Manga's DVD replication facility burnt to the ground 4
weeks ago and this has seriously hampered our efforts to replenish our
stock levels in the time we would have liked. My production department
assures me that the new Volume 4 DVDs will be ready for dispatch within
the next week. As soon as I receive them I will commence mailing them
out.

Re: GITS:SAC Vol.5. I have taken note of your complaint and passed it
onto our Production Manager to investigate. It obviously concerns us
when we receive a customer complaint regarding the quality of one of our
releases. Manga prides itself on bringing the highest quality product
possible to UK consumers and we will investigate this matter thoroughly.

Once again, on behalf of Manga, I'd like to apologise for any
disappointment that has been caused to you and thank you for your
comments.

Kind regards,

Jerome Mazandarani
Marketing Executive
Manga Entertainment UK

Back