Mortal Kombat back for 2011

Chaz

Chuunibyou
Looks like the franchise is bringing the old sckool storyline for the new game (presumed release in April), with slight changes to the character designs. Some of which have suprised me a bit from my days of playing (and probably for the newer fans).

I veered off from Mortal Kombat for a while now and nothing has really come out with it for a while. From the vids I've seen from Gamespot, my flame has started to rekindle for the brand.

So this is going to be my main attraction to the gaming season this spring. Anyone got any views on this and such?

I'm suprised no one has mentioned this yet, I knew about it for ages

I've seen probably all the HD gameplay footage there is of this game at the moment and I have to say that I'm quite impressed, you know you're doing something right of you can make some of the most repulsive fatalities ever (just look at one of Kung Lao's), X Ray moves look savage as well, I'm also pleased that they're going for an emphasis on custom combos like Arc Systems did with Blazblue

Oh and you are right about the release date, it's meant to be something like the 18th of April, I know what I'm asking for my birthday :)

Indeed. I've been tempted to throw a topic here for the last wee while now that the Kollectors Edition has been announced. No price tags from what i know, but it's fairly sweet none the less, i'll get a pic up of it for you later on, i just need to screen cap it from the Liu Kang trailer. Mentioned on chat that it's turning into the year of the collectors.

Anywho, i've never once played MK before really. Ok maybe a little brief play once somewhere years and years ago, but nothing bar that. Never really took my interest, but i'm interested now. It looks quite nice from what's been shown and could easily be that major contender it always was. So i may pick it up

Also need to consider the amount of fighting games out between now and the end of april. This, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Marvel vs Capcom 3 on friday, new Blaz Blue somewhere along the line, it's quite daunting.

Back