Most Expensive month of the year for gamers

Rena Ryuugu said:
Just The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition for me :D

This, Uncharted 3, Couldn't give two shits about MW of BF3 as there essentially the same games with more PEW PEW and 12 year olds screaming down their mics. Hate to say it, but I also want to buy Sonic Generations but for a 7 hour game, i'll wait until the January sales.

Woooooah. Hold on; all other sources bar Game's website think MGS HD Collection is set for a February release date?! What?!

Can someone confirm if it's this month or not? I might just get a different game if that's the case :/

With the DMC HD collection for ps3 coming out spring 2012 i'll be adding that to the list :p

MW3 and BF3 are completely different, the multiplayer alone proves that - MW3 you kill each other as troops, i've seen you can get a perk for a delta force to come onto the map and fight with you, and a full riot shield squad too, usual hard ass perks like heli and jets to come onto the map and help you out but for the most part your on your own.

On BF3 you can destroy cover, drive jeeps, tanks, jets, heli's and the whole point of it is to team up with each other and take on the other side.

How they handle is completely different, with MW3 when you fire you get recoil and the gun target tends to just jump slightly upwards when firing anymore than a burst, on BF games the recoil makes the target jump all around, from left to right and up and down.

Shirayuri said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Well I already have 2 and 3, I'll rent to give Peace Walker a try but it would be a tad wasteful for me.

So do I, but it'll be great to play them done back up in HD <3 Plus, it's not really that much to pay when you consider you're getting 3 games. And i've never played Peace Walker; so that'll be nice too.

I agree it's a good deal, but it's a lot to pay for 2 games you already own (and bought for criminal prices, £3 and £5 respectively). It's just making it looks slightly less blurry and while I buy that for blu-ray, that's because films are fundamentally a viewing experience and thus improving quality can sometimes improve enjoyment (though I haven't and don't intend to replace all my dvds by any means) whereas a game is fundamentally something that is played. Yes you have to see it, but I'm not going to enjoy playing it on 360 any more than on ps2, plus I'll lose all my saves and the stuff I unlocked, not to mention the slight fuzz makes MGS3 look more retro IMO.

Also I'm not 100% sure how MGS will work on 360, since it doesn't have those pressure sensitive buttons for distinguishing between aiming/firing. Twin Snakes on gamecube used a combination of buttons which did kind of work, but only really because A and Y were aligned in a really accessible way, I'm not sure any of the 360's buttons do. For a one time press, yes, but for holding in place it could get weird.

On topic: Arkham City is probably my last game of the year, not really bothered by any of the major releases. Only thing I'm looking at is Dead Rising 2 Off the Record (since I don't own 2 already) otherwise I'm looking more lustfully at X-men First Class, Captain America and Transformer Trilogy blu-rays.

Tempted to take annual leave next week.... get assasins creed and just stay at home all day going through it, have to say that the series is one of my favourites ever created.

Watching videos online has me really psyched up for it :D

Loving the music in the trailer and the not so well known chase and status song appears in the far right video :D
http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-Assass ... cp_vg_h__4

Not a bad deal either, if the original in this deal was upgraded so that you can get trophies on it, it'd sway me to get that preorder deal. Chances are that it won't though so... why buy something i already have lol.

It's probably my most expensive month in recent months in games purchases; as I got hold of Magna Carta 2 and FFXIII earlier in the month to play in the future, I've also got Skyward Sword Limited Edition preordered from Shopto and I want to get ToTA; but for a long time now I've had a backlog of games.

(I just don't have time to play and watch everything I want to)

So typically, whilst this month is expensive for me; its actually kinda like what happens to me every 3-4 months, where I end up buying multiple games I want to play I haven't got round to, add them to my pile, and then pick up more a few months later.

I still have Starcraft 2 sitting on my shelf in the cellophane to give an example of how far behind I am at times...

I've bought Arkham city collector's edition and Uncharted 3 and everything else will have to wait now until 2012.

MGS collection will be a must buy for me. 3 is my favourite game in the series. Also, my psp broke literally a week after I got peace walker so I never made any real progress on that, I was also not that much of a fan of the psp because of it's one thumbstick. For the price though.

Hmm, let's see...

I can easily skip Kelly Slater's Pro Warfare, Recharted 3, the game so good they called it Ass... twice, and I didn't play Demons Souls (can't remember where the apostrophe goes...) yet so that eliminates another one. Leaves me with:

BF3
iM@S2
Skyrim
Zelda
Gundam VS.

That might be it, since I'm not importing a Vita.

I really liked the Assassin's Creed games, it's just a case of time, as I haven't got round to Brotherhood yet either.

Think the last Gundam game I played was Endless Duel SNES.

...this month makes me want to cry ;-; so many games so little time

So far I've had -

BF3 -though tech. that was last month-
Uncharted 3
COD:MW3 -Hardened edition-

Assassins Creed Revelations -I've already started this -got the rental from work early- But I will be buying my collectors edition copy on Tuesday

Still to come...
15th
Halo Combat Evolved -thought I think I might wait for this

18th
Super Mario 3D Land
The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition

25th
Professor Layton And The Spectre's Call
Tales Of The Abyss
Dr. Lautrec And The Forgotten Knights -even though its down for that date it will prob be pushed back-

2nd Dec -ya i know its not this month XD-
Mario Kart 7

Think thats it -prob forgetting something-

Aya-Kun said:
Assassins Creed Revelations -I've already started this -got the rental from work early- But I will be buying my collectors edition copy on Tuesday

As much as our fun chats over PSN i feel no guilt in saying i hate you right now lol.

Send me a copy in the post!!!! :p I'm thinking of buying the animus version tomorrow, have been counting down the hours!!!

Tachi said:
MW3 and BF3 are completely different, the multiplayer alone proves that - MW3 you kill each other as troops, i've seen you can get a perk for a delta force to come onto the map and fight with you, and a full riot shield squad too, usual hard ass perks like heli and jets to come onto the map and help you out but for the most part your on your own.

On BF3 you can destroy cover, drive jeeps, tanks, jets, heli's and the whole point of it is to team up with each other and take on the other side.

How they handle is completely different, with MW3 when you fire you get recoil and the gun target tends to just jump slightly upwards when firing anymore than a burst, on BF games the recoil makes the target jump all around, from left to right and up and down.
They're still both brown military FPS. You can talk about little features all you want but at their core they are the same game.

Objection!

They are both FPS games sure but the same game? no way, the gameplay is different, online on BF3 its a team effort. Online on MW3 its a free-for-all You don't tend to see many teaming up on it.

That's obviously a case of MW3 players being idiots rather than the game being different. There's nothing stopping people working together on MW3.

Amen, most of the people I know who focus solely on MW these days are younger gamers.

I know a lot of people older who play them, but they tend to have a broader range of games they enjoy, unlike those who seem to solely inhabit the charts in MW.

Nah, BF and CoD are inherently different experiences. The game modes, map design, weapon balance all feed together to create totally different FPSs - these are not "little features" but the core gameplay mechanics and systems. It would be like equating WoW to FFXIII because they are both RPGs.

Also, you need to play some Caspian Border if you think BF is overly brown. :s

The biggest issue I have with MW and its ilk is that it's encouraging a lack of single player focus. Multiplayer games may be fun, but they can never be enriched experiences in the same way Half Life 2 etc. can, or as funny as something like TimeSplitters.

Tachi said:
Aya-Kun said:

As much as our fun chats over PSN i feel no guilt in saying i hate you right now lol.

Send me a copy in the post!!!! :p I'm thinking of buying the animus version tomorrow, have been counting down the hours!!!

Haha I've had a copy since Thursday night when I got home from work=P

Almost there and you can have your copy =3

Back