Museum of Terror, Lady Snowblood

Jimi-Jam

Dandy Guy, in Space
Was browsing in my local Forbidden Planet looking at where at I might next spend my precious manga-pounds and these two caught my eye.

Wasn’t able to actually look into Lady Snowblood since it was shrink-wrapped (is this because of its graphic nature?) but liked the look/sound of it. I know there are some connections/similarities with the whole Kill Bill theme/story but not sure of the exact lineage.
Liked the look of some of the graphic ‘horror’ in Museum of Terror so thought it might be good for some entertainment.

Anybody read, bought, know anything about, recommend, have alternative suggestions, opinions on either of these two mangas?

I've got the first volume of Lady Snowblood. My advice: get the first live-action film first. It's got the whole Kill-Bill thing going on and is much better.

The manga's alright, but I much preferred Lone Wolf and Cub. It's the same writer (though not the same illustrator) and is a better example of what he can do. Both have more or less the same amount of nudity, but Lone Wolf is bloodier with more action. :twisted:

My local library has a couple of these, so it might be worth a peek in your local library as well (the larger the better) to see if you can try before you buy.

Dunno about the other one though...

I did find out about the original live-action film and stuck it on my long rental list - it a question of when I sacrifice one of the many anime discs I've yet to see for that instead.

Think I'll give Lone Wolf a closer look to see if it tickles my fancy, although there was something about the female-assassin thing that I liked the idea of - not sure if its anything to do with blood, action or nudity (not that any of that goes amiss) - something with a brooding atmosphere perhaps.

Just be careful with Lone Wolf and Cub because it's looong! 28 volumes Vs. 4 for Lady Snowblood means that careful consideration is indeed a good thing!

Well - I've ended up buying a copy of the first volume of Lady Snowblood - Foyles in London happened to have one out of its shrink wrap so I could see what it was I would be buying.

Like I said, I think there is something about the female assassin that attracted me - she has this bewitching look in her eye thats sucked me in (damn you evil females! :wink: )

I have got half way through so far, trying not to finish it too quick - I can see why they shrink wrap it - there is definitely some more adult stuff in the beginning at least. I'll reserve judgement to see if the story will dig deeper than knocking off the villains epsiode by episode, but I have some faith - enjoyed it so far in any case.

Jimi-Jam said:
Like I said, I think there is something about the female assassin that attracted me - she has this bewitching look in her eye thats sucked me in (damn you evil females! :wink: )
Glad you like it. :D

If you think her stare's something in the manga, you have to see the film! I'm like 'dude she's gonna kill you, RUN!' every time she does it! :lol:

Like this

Ushio said:
If you think her stare's something in the manga, you have to see the film! I'm like 'dude she's gonna kill you, RUN!' every time she does it! :lol:

Like this

Whah! Scary! :shock:

Think happy thoughts ... man, its an evening of non-threatening anime for me....

Back