Mushishi coming to the UK! :O

Wow that is really cool. I have pre-ordered myself a copy. I had not even heard of a region 1 release yet? This is a very promising sign for the uk.

mbygons said:
Wow that is really cool. I have pre-ordered myself a copy. I had not even heard of a region 1 release yet? This is a very promising sign for the uk.

Mushishi is released in the US in July from what i have seen. I remember it being posted in the news section about its licensing. Still good to see a release date for here now.

Although it's not listed as having a release date yet, I'm holding out for the Mushishi starter pack - I'm guessing it'll come with an artbox or something.

Not to sound like a complete gumby, but is this good news? While I've heard of the series, haven't heard much else (except it has something to do with mushrooms). What's it about, what's the style of the show?

hopeful_monster said:
Not to sound like a complete gumby, but is this good news? While I've heard of the series, haven't heard much else (except it has something to do with mushrooms). What's it about, what's the style of the show?

Mushishi is different to say the least.
I've seen about 10 episodes and there's just something magical about it.
I'll let someone else give you a full description though because my brain isn't working atm.. even if it was I can't remember half of what it was about.. just that it's really something special : )

hopeful_monster said:
You haven't heard enough about it then! :p Seriously though, it's a sedate historical fantasy type of show - imagine the episodic nature of Kino's Journey and the mythical/naturalistic aspect to Princess Mononoke and you're about halfway to understanding how special it is. Quite honestly there's nothing on the market right now quite like Mushishi, and bearing in mind it was only licenced by Funi a few months ago, the announcement of its release on R2 DVD is as surprising as it is welcome.

Back