MVM at London Expo

chaos

The Boss
MVM ENTERTAINMENT will be hosting anime bargains at knockdown prices during London MCM Expo.

MVM will also be announcing a raft of new titles on the industry panel that's bound to have anime and live-action fans excited!

MVM will be announcing three new licenses: Aquarion, X and Guardian Of The Spirit (aka Moribito).

In case you fancy something a little different look out for the release of the live action film Dororo! Based on the manga from Godfather of Manga Osamu Tezuka. Dororo serves up an entertaining transition from Manga to movie!

Full press release here:

MVM UK PRESS RELEASE

MVM ENTERTAINMENT are proud to be sponsoring the May 2009 Expo on the 23rd and 24th May.

Come visit the stand for a host of anime bargains at knockdown prices! MVM will also be announcing a raft of new titles on the industry panel that’s bound to have anime and live-action fans excited!

DISGAEA!

MVM will be kicking off the announcement with the first volume of Disgaea in June. The King of the Netherworld has died and various demons are now building their own empires in an effort to take control. However, the late King’s son has arrived and is out to reclaim his rightful place as ruler.

SAMURAI DEEPER KYO!

Also due out this year from MVM is the highly anticipated Samurai Deeper Kyo. In the year 1600, during the battle of Sekigahara, warriors Kyoshiro Mibu and "Demon Eyes" Kyo - the legendary slayer of a thousand men - engaged in fierce combat. Both men disappeared when a meteor crashed in the battlegrounds. Four years later, Kyoshiro is spotted on a rural highway, acting as a traveling medicine salesman. He is captured by the female bounty hunter Yuya Shiina when she discovers that deep inside him is the dormant personality of "Demon Eyes" Kyo himself.

GUNPARADE MARCH!

MVM have also added the eagerly awaited Gunparade March to their acquisitions. In 1945, World War II abruptly ended when an alien race appeared on Earth and began to slaughter the human population. The year is 1999 - 54 years later, mankind is still fighting to survive against the alien forces. Earth forces now use advanced mecha called Humanoid Walking Tanks (HWTs) to combat the invaders, but throughout the ordeal, far too many pilots have been killed in action. As a result, high school students are now recruited to become HWT pilots. Gunparade March follows the lives of the 5121st Platoon, who have just added a mysterious girl named Mai Shibamura to their ranks.

NEW MVM ACQUISITIONS!

MVM will be keeping the fans suitably happy with the announcement of three new and exciting acquisitions. Aquarion, X and Guardian Of The Spirit (aka Moribito). Be sure to look out for further details at the Expo!

In case you fancy something a little different look out for the release of the live action film Dororo! Based on the manga from Godfather of Manga Osamu Tezuka. Dororo serves up an entertaining transition from Manga to movie!

BOXSETS GALORE

The rest of 2009 will see MVM releasing some of the most eagerly anticipated anime box sets ever! Look out for the romantic Gravitation and the extravaganza that is Black Lagoon and Black Lagoon 2nd Barrage.

chaos said:
MVM will be announcing three new licenses: Aquarion, X and Guardian Of The Spirit (aka Moribito).

I'm glad I didn't go for the R1 start set now. Too bad it wasn't Manga who picked it up, though...

MVM seem to be taking forever to release **** of late. They licensed RxJ ages ago and it still hasn't even shown up on any stores lists as far as I know.

Aion said:
chaos said:

I'm glad I didn't go for the R1 start set now. Too bad it wasn't Manga who picked it up, though...

MVM seem to be taking forever to release **** of late. They licensed RxJ ages ago and it still hasn't even shown up on any stores lists as far as I know.

That's because it hasn't been released yet, not even in the US. Part 1 of the show comes out in June. Funimation are releasing it in two parts, and I wonder if that will have any bearing on how MVM do it.

But I guess they can't release anything without obtaining the subs and dubs first.

Ah, I see. I hadn't checked an American stores to see if it had gotten released yet. I did catch a glimpse of it on DVD Pacific and noticed it had 'Part 1' in the title, which usually means at least two discs get included, if not three.

MVM will probably just go for single disc releases, regardless of how it's released in the US, just like Manga ignored the fact that Death Note had nine standard US releases and two box set releases. I don't think MVM have ever released two to three disc sets, complete series sets aside. RxJ might be a first but, unless they want to compete head-on with Manga on the cheap release front.

Otaku-san said:
Fudce said:
They have licenced all four series!

PS bumping old threads

Nope. Four. Slayers, Next, Try and the new one, Revolution.

There seems to be a fifth one that started earlier this year too (Evolution-R) but that hadn't surfaced when this news originally came about.

Back