UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Looking forward to NieA_7. I've never seen it before but I'm a big fan of ABe's work with Haibane Renmei and Serial Experiments Lain so I've been meaning to get round to it for a long time. It would be great if MVM could get any of the materials from the Japanese BD release to do their own CE:

I was just checking the release date of Tsurune on AOL and it seems to not be available anymore as it isn't popping up on the site. I'm going to assume it has just sold out as opposed to a Re:Zero S2 situation as my order is still there and is also available on ATA still but thought it'd be something worth noting for anyone wanting to grab the CE before it's to late.

To make sure though, is there anything you can say about it @MVM ?

I was just checking the release date of Tsurune on AOL and it seems to not be available anymore as it isn't popping up on the site. I'm going to assume it has just sold out as opposed to a Re:Zero S2 situation as my order is still there and is also available on ATA still but thought it'd be something worth noting for anyone wanting to grab the CE before it's to late.

To make sure though, is there anything you can say about it @MVM ?
Due to the Japanese licensor request we've had to temporarily disable selling the product until artwork has been approved. Previous orders are still in the system and will be back up once art is finalised.

I would put it in a similar catagory as Yona of the dawn, if you like that then probably a good fit.
Season 2 is a shorter than season compared to season 1, which you can either grab the universal part sets (probably still really cheap if cex still have) or grab the AllTheAnime re-release

EDIT: im not sure i actually rememeber season 2 now, but just passing through mention of cliff hanger could well be the case.

I really enjoyed Arslan. Would have been nice if they'd made more of it (and you will want season one if you're getting season two) but it was a good fantasy show and much more engaging than the old 90s anime by virtue of its longer runtime to flesh things out.

R

I would put it in a similar catagory as Yona of the dawn, if you like that then probably a good fit.
Season 2 is a shorter than season compared to season 1, which you can either grab the universal part sets (probably still really cheap if cex still have) or grab the AllTheAnime re-release

EDIT: im not sure i actually rememeber season 2 now, but just passing through mention of cliff hanger could well be the case.
Hmm. I had just dismissed this as being S1 part 2 earlier. That’s one of the side effects of this split-season absurdity.
Of course, it doesn’t help that sometimes they can’t decide if it‘s a ’season’ or ‘part’…
Any CE version of this? (to go with the existing)

Hmm. I had just dismissed this as being S1 part 2 earlier. That’s one of the side effects of this split-season absurdity.
Of course, it doesn’t help that sometimes they can’t decide if it‘s a ’season’ or ‘part’…
Any CE version of this? (to go with the existing)
yeah this one complicated in the sense S1 part 1 & 2 were released by universal (now out of print but there is loads of them so a second hand (sometimes even new (pretty sure they printed way too many as its been this way for years)) copy should be pretty cheap)
Then more recently All The Anime release season 1 again as just season in an art box
And MVM released season 2 as just a standard edition

I just grabbed another copy of one of the universal (i think DVD) and just put the season 2 blu ray case in it). but yeah no CE for season 2.
But you could also do somthing similar with the AlltheAnime season 1 CE as it has 2 cases with 4 disc total, so just need to make 6 disc fit in 2 cases (but that re-casing fun which im sure not every one is fond of doing)

I’m just making sure there isn’t a ‘proper’ version that I’m missing somewhere. If it’s the only version, then that’ll do.
Not so much a fan of the re-case ’fun’. Mainly because it doesn’t solve what for me is the deficiency of having such a barebones release in the first place.
I could literally burn my own copy and print out a varnish-embossed matching sleeve, if I wanted to take a little time and end up with something better. A book / guide / storyboards / artbook is obviously more involved, and therefore the bigger value-add.

I‘ve already got the Universal CEs (less than £10 each, effectively similar to this £15 for the first season in CE form), which have a good chunk of stuff and quality to them. Haven’t watched a single episode yet.
I’ve also got the AtA release (still in shrinkwrap), but I’m assuming it’s both probably the same discs, and the booklet is probably a condensed selection of the bigger ones in the original sets.
But putting S2 in (another) one of those (Universal) boxes just ends up with a duplicate that takes up more shelf space, while being a bit of a poor fit (standard Amaray is slightly too thick to go alongside the rest of the stuff (would have to be a slimmer case), while the box is slightly deeper too - leaving a gap all down one edge.
Shoving it in the Anime Ltd. set would work fine, but all that does is saves shelf space and hides it out the way.
Having said that, with just 8 episodes; that’s what should have been done in the first place (AtA releasing a ‘complete’ set instead of a rather pointless and cut-down re-release)

Last edited:
Back