UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

After the Rain is such a damn good show and definitely worth checking out if you've never heard of it. Just don't be put off by the synopsis - despite the premise trying to bill it as a inappropriate age-gap melodrama, it's more a thoughtful & nuanced examination of desire, grief & purpose between two people finding an emotional connection after both becoming unmoored & isolated from the passions of their lives. In that sense its less a romance than it is a breakup story. Looks stunning throughout as well.

Although I'm also pretty sure the writer also just wanted to write a story processing her teenage crush on Patlabor's Kiichi Goto. Which hey, understandable.
Wholly second that. I'm very glad I watched this having seen some glowing reviews, as would've passed on the synopsis alone. Fantastic show and among my favourites.
Someone brave ask MVM about licensing Koi Kaze. The show where the age gap is the least troubling element.
🤣

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of it, but as I’ll try anything, I’m not too bothered if it fits the (fathomlessblue synopsis) or the (awadama preference).

I did do a quick search (after I placed my order FWIW), and came across what presumably is the live-action adaption. Illustrative image showing a quite intimidated looking man backing away from a young waitress in a rather imposing stance.

I mean it's definitely a more personal, low-key character drama in the vein of something like Bloom into You, Ping Pong or O Maidens in Your Savage Season (although definitely not as dramatic as that), so if you're aware & enjoy any of those, it's worth a shout.

What I love about the show is that Tachibana, the female lead is incredibly intense, but one of the most unaware people you could ever meet, to the point that the show barely has any interior monologue because she's completely unable to examine or understand her emotions (meanwhile Kondo, the manager can but doesn't want to think or express his anxieties). Instead you have literal environmental storytelling with the weather expressing how people are feeling at any given point. Fortunately it's by Wit Studio on the top of their game so they can express it quite beautifully.

Someone brave ask MVM about licensing Koi Kaze. The show where the age gap is the least troubling element.

koikaze.jpg

Heh, I picked up the Geneon DVD box set of Koi Kaze just a couple years ago... 🫣

Would have picked this title up if I didn't already own the Aus Blu-ray release. Unless, MVM are willing to release the steelbook version that Sentai released, then I would be willing to double dip. 🤞
I kept on delaying buying hoping they'd finally announce a release date.

I kept on delaying buying hoping they'd finally announce a release date.

I held off importing Assassin's Pride for over 2 years hoping for a UK release, & a month after I finally caved & imported, it gets announced by MVM. Bloody typical!

I do wonder if I should import The Pet Girl of Sakurasou next, maybe it will finally get licensed for the UK (I'm amazed it hasn't already) if I do. ;)

I held off importing Assassin's Pride for over 2 years hoping for a UK release, & a month after I finally caved & imported, it gets announced by MVM. Bloody typical!

I do wonder if I should import The Pet Girl of Sakurasou next, maybe it will finally get licensed for the UK (I'm amazed it hasn't already) if I do. ;)
If that's your special skill, then you should take advantage of it! :)

Well £29.99 is pretty good for Assassin's Pride.
Out 30/11/23.
Shame I will have to give up 30 of my hard earned pounds for 3 months.

Although I still maintain 4 art cards does not make it a collector's edition.
Where's my plush?

And idea if it icludes a hard case. I cant remember if MVM usually include this in description or if all their CE's are hardcase
I think we can expect from prior experience that the MVM CEs come in some form of box. Although they show no artwork / ‘coming soon’, so for all I know this could be a plain brown box or a picture of the office cat.
The lack of detail and consistency could be offputting if you don’t know what to expect (and not terribly good at promoting the titles) - I had a quick look at their listings for previous MVM titles, and half of them neglect to mention the outer box despite there being one.
Although I still maintain 4 art cards does not make it a collector's edition.
Where's my plush?
Certainly a pet peeve. But I really shouldn’t start complaining about what gets labelled as -edition, or I’ll never stop.

I think we can expect from prior experience that the MVM CEs come in some form of box. Although they show no artwork / ‘coming soon’, so for all I know this could be a plain brown box or a picture of the office cat.
The lack of detail and consistency could be offputting if you don’t know what to expect (and not terribly good at promoting the titles) - I had a quick look at their listings for previous MVM titles, and half of them neglect to mention the outer box despite there being one.

Certainly a pet peeve. But I really shouldn’t start complaining about what gets labelled as -edition, or I’ll never stop.
All CE titles now mention being inside a rigid slipcase/art box.

Back