MVM to release FLCL on UK DVD, and possibly Haruhi too?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to <a href="http://eyeonanime.co.uk/panda.php">EyeonAnime</a> (via the latest issue of <a href="http://www.neomag.co.uk/">Neo magazine</a>), MVM have lined up Gainax's 6 episode OVA series FLCL (aka Furi Kuri) for a UK DVD release in 2008.

Further more, it has also been suggested that The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is surprisingly set for its UK DVD debut as soon as April 2008. No DVD distributor has been revealed, though rumors again point to MVM.

With both series being fan favourites and often requested for potential UK releases, the crazy mecha sci-fi of FLCL and mo&eacute; comedy of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya represent major acquisitions for MVM.

This is fantastic news!! We've been waiting for Furi Kuri to be released here for years!

better late than never i suppose, that is if MVM finds a distributor. :p

OH ****. I just watched FLCL the other day, definately worthy of purchasing, but if it's one DVD every 2 episodes I'm not going to buy, rather have the one boxset with all 6 episodes. Regarding Haruhi.... DO NOT WANT.

Nice, actually my local Tower Records have the box of FLCL for sale, must be an import, they actually get a LOT of DVDs before their Uk release, its great.
I saw Big O there the other day.

Wow this is good news but I got the Region 1 boxset of FLCL ages ago although It will be nice to see it hit UK shelves finally. And i'm a bit surprised its MVM. I think everybody was expecting Beez =O

I didn't get Haruhi. I sold it on ebay.
Come to think of it, I didn't get FLCL. I sold it on ebay.

But MVM still seem to know what they're doing, without Funimation and Geneon.

Too bad I'm planing on getting these titles from the states. Well... Haruhi, I might get FLCL. I hope it doesn't come in a M-Lock case though, Otherwise I might just have to get the R1 release.

OMG FLCL! Awesome! Im still not sure why Haruhi has so much popularity, it was an ok series, not brilliant as everyone says. Geuss its up to personal opinion...

Taylor said:
OMG FLCL! Awesome! Im still not sure why Haruhi has so much popularity, it was an ok series, not brilliant as everyone says. Geuss its up to personal opinion...
^What he said. :p I'll be buying Haruhi when the DVDs come out but I don't view it as 'the best evar' like so many people seem to. It's a fun show and it'll do well over here I think but I personally don't see what the fuss was about.

FLCL on the other hand...it's long overdue but welcome news. A hearty slap on the back of MVM for being the ones who FINALLY bring this masterpiece to the UK. I bought the R1 box months ago but still...

2008 is shaping up to be a good year already...

Martin said:
Taylor said:
^What he said. :p I'll be buying Haruhi when the DVDs come out but I don't view it as 'the best evar' like so many people seem to. It's a fun show and it'll do well over here I think but I personally don't see what the fuss was about.

i have to agree with u martin, for some reason, Haruhi fans seem to get stuck with the tag that "if you like haruhi, it's obviously your favorite show"

sure it's fun and i do enjoy it myself, but i have alot more shows higher on my enjoyment list

Already got the R1 special editions of Haruhi with the CDs and stuff nice package. I enjoyed the series but I don't think it is as great as some people are making out, but all in all a worth while watch.

FLCL I have been thinking of getting for a while but every time I remember to look where I normally buy stuff they never have it, so maybe I will wait for thr R2 release.

Dracos said:
FLCL I have been thinking of getting for a while but every time I remember to look where I normally buy stuff they never have it, so maybe I will wait for thr R2 release.

The R1 singles are out of print now, and the boxset is meant to be out of print, but Synch-Point have just pressed a small number more of them because the demand was building.

I'd go and get the R1 boxset while it's still out there, to be honest.
The UK version will never beat it.

Wow, this is fantastic news! FLCL is a masterpiece and I can't wait to own it. Kudos to MVM for finally bringing it over. I hope they release it in 2 volumes, rather than putting 2 eps per disc; better still, I'd love if they just went straight for a boxset release, but that's unlikely!

Also delighted that Haruhi is finally coming over, too. Never watched the series (aside from the unusual episode '0') but it looks like a series I'd really enjoy, especially with an awesome dub. Not sure I'd call it "moe" even in the loosest sense of the term.

2008 sure is off to a great start for anime in the UK/Ireland!

melonpan said:
Dracos said:

The R1 singles are out of print now, and the boxset is meant to be out of print, but Synch-Point have just pressed a small number more of them because the demand was building.

I'd go and get the R1 boxset while it's still out there, to be honest.
The UK version will never beat it.

I just checked one of the other places I get stuff (dvduniverse) it is deer enough to pay duty on which does not bother me, I just hate giving Royal Mail £8 now days for doing nothing except losing 3-4 of my packages a year. The annoying thing is I have been keeping an eye on Fafner (Geneon bah humbug) there as well since I realised I don't think it has had a UK release, now it is out of stock just as an order for a couple of things could have been coming up to spread the cost of duty.

Well this is news i wasn't expecting, a good move by mvm though i'm wondering why FLCL took a while to get here. As for Haruhi, i doubt it will ever happen but i really hope, that mvm release the same set that R1 got.

BlackWolf said:
Well this is news i wasn't expecting, a good move by mvm though i'm wondering why FLCL took a while to get here. As for Haruhi, i doubt it will ever happen but i really hope, that mvm release the same set that R1 got.

Well, I can't see how they won't release the sets that R1 got - it would certainly be a bad move!

Back