New 5-minute preview of Mamoru Oshii's The Sky Crawlers

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
A brand new 5 minute preview of <em><strong>The Sky Crawlers</strong></em> <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5yw12_sc-t3_creation">has been posted online</a> for your streaming pleasure. Directed by <em>Mamoru Oshii</em> and animated by <em>Production I.G</em>, this highly anticipated science-fiction movie from the creators of <em>Ghost in the Shell</em> will hit Japanese theaters during August.

That looks fantastic. Here's hoping Oshii's popularity warrants a UK theatrical release. Not so sure about the song though...

Big budget Production I.G film? Mamoru Oshii involved? I think that points towards a massive YES PLEASE!

I just want to see it already, seems like it's been being advertised for years.

melonpan said:
Big budget Production I.G film? Mamoru Oshii involved? I think that points towards a massive YES PLEASE!
My thoughts exactly =)

The preview looks amazing, coming from people who never disappointed me so far (and I sincerely don't believe they would now.. =) ) This really deserves to be seem on the silver screen....

Looks great, I really am looking forward to this.

You know what?
I may be wrong but Im pretty sure theres a big GITS reference in there.

The female officer behind the desk.
I notice she looks a lot like the original kusanagi, more like her later(by which I mean at the end of the original movie) younger version though, and Im pretty sure she refers to herself as Kusanagi.
Just though Id share.
Yay for homage.

The animation is so smooth and life like I had to stab myself in the leg coz my body went numb. Another film to put on my OMGWOW list.
Release in Theatres August so what we looking at, another maximum of 6 months for a good sub? ¬_¬'

I hope this turns out as good as it looks. And I hope it doesn't take too long to get released in the UK. Maybe Optimum should get it, they have been pretty good with the Ghibli releases speed wise.

jonboy said:
I hope this turns out as good as it looks. And I hope it doesn't take too long to get released in the UK. Maybe Optimum should get it, they have been pretty good with the Ghibli releases speed wise.

Maybe you posted in the wrong thread? This isn't anything to do with Ghibli.

Nope, not the wrong thread. You just misread my point. What I am saying is that I hope a company such as Optimum gets the rights to distribute this film because they can be pretty quick with releases. Ghibli films were an example (Tales from Earthsea was released in UK quickly by anime standards)

My immediate thought was that it looked like a Last Exile type show, or at least something that was in the same vein. However, it looks like it's gonna be awesome in it's own rights. Something to look out for me thinks. X)

Back