New acquisitions announced at the Anime Expo

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<p>The following new anime licenses have been officially announced for Region 1 DVD release at the Anime Expo (currently taking place in the US). Be sure to look out for regular updates being made to this list through out the next couple of hours (and / or days).</p>
<strong>ADV new licences</strong>
Guyver: The Bioboosted Armour TV
Nerima Daikon Brothers
Pani Poni Dash!

<strong>Bandai new licences</strong>
.hack//ROOTS
Cutie Honey (live-action movie)
Ghost in the Shell: SAC compilation movies
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society
Gunbuster
Wings of Rean

<strong>FUNimation new licences</strong>
Glass Fleet (Garasu no Kantai)
Solty Rei

<strong>Geneon new licences</strong>
Black Lagoon
Cool Dimension
Disgaea
Hello Kitty Stump Village
Paradise Kiss

<strong>Right Stuf International new licences</strong>
Super Gals Season 2

<strong>Other news</strong>
Geneon will be reuniting the original English dub voice cast of Hellsing with their new Hellsing Ultimate OVA series.
Bandai are in negotiations to release Mai-Otome and the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam movies.

<p><strong>Last update</strong>: 3rd July 2006 at 21:30.</p>

Paradise Kiss is the most surprising license so far... It was one of the licenses that I guess could have gone anywhere. No doubt Geneon won't be able to use the Franz Ferdinand ED theme.

A shame no one has announced Honey & Clover yet.

FUNimation continue to gimp generic Gonzo fodder :)

Just added:

Geneon will be reuniting the original English dub voice cast of Hellsing with their new Hellsing Ultimate OVA series.

ADV have announced what sounds like yet another Excel Saga/Nabeshin spin off, Nerima Daikon directed once again by Shinichi Watanabe and featuring, as ever, the affro-haired Nabeshin.

Gawyn said:
ADV have announced what sounds like yet another Excel Saga/Nabeshin spin off, Nerima Daikon directed once again by Shinichi Watanabe and featuring, as ever, the affro-haired Nabeshin.
It doesn't have anything to do with Excel Saga except for having Nabeshin as a character. Other than that the style is very different from Poemy and Excel.

I wish somebody would release Beat To Death Angel Dokuro-Chan... *sigh* Not going to happen anytime soon I would imagine.

Gawyn said:

Having just received some financial investment from Japan, I guess I was hoping for ADV to license something that people actually want to watch. Don't get me wrong, this could turn out to be good, but gone are the days when ADV would license anime like RahXephon.

Paul said:
Gawyn said:

Having just received some financial investment from Japan, I guess I was hoping for ADV to license something that people actually want to watch. Don't get me wrong, this could turn out to be good, but gone are the days when ADV would license anime like RahXephon.
It's a little early doors yet and any anime they might be interested in licencing with that recent cash influx will probably be a few months off being signed off and formally announced. Give it time and I'm sure they'll come up with something decent.

Paul said:
Gawyn said:

I was hoping for some "good" licenses from ADV too, sure this might be entertaining but nobody has actually heard of it and isn't what I'd call a good or even big license by any stretch of the imagination.

Pretty dissapointed here (but then barely anything I like is ever licensed ;) ), hopefully Media Blasters or even Right Stuf has something to release.

ADV have stated that they will be handling the production of the dub for Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid allowing for the assembly of the full original cast. FUNimation will only be responsible for marketing and distribution of the title.

Yey great news I actually liked the english dub so im happy with that bit of news (although I can for see many who are not) They just better hurry up an release it soon I want to see :x

I'm late, as usual. -_-

I wonder if FUNi will confirm about Black Cat. If they do have it, oh and it's great news for FMP:TSR and Hellsing with the full original cast.

Just added:

ADV new licences
Pani Poni Dash!

Bandai Visual new licences
Gunbuster
Wings of Rean

Rukario said:
I'm late, as usual. -_-

I wonder if FUNi will confirm about Black Cat. If they do have it, oh and it's great news for FMP:TSR and Hellsing with the full original cast.

I believe it was confirmed a while ago

Seems like some intersting licences, i'm especially happy about Paradise Kiss, hope Honey & Clover will be next.
But i have to say i've been pretty unimpressed by alot of the things FUNimation have been acquiring lately, i think they could do better if they licenced something more like Host Club, but then that is just my personal preference

Well, I'm glad to see that Gunbuster's finally been picked up again. Hopefully it'll get a decent release.

I'd also like Monster to get a release, but at the end of the day, it's a massive series, so it's unlikely they'd choose to licence it unless they planned to release it as boxsets instead of volume releases.

Honey & Clover, I've heard good things about but haven't seen. What's Paradise Kiss about?

Gawyn said:
ADV have stated that they will be handling the production of the dub for Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid allowing for the assembly of the full original cast. FUNimation will only be responsible for marketing and distribution of the title.

I just find that plain weird, personally...

Poor ADV :(

Back