New anime from Mamoru Oshii

Mangaminx

Stand User
Japanese animation studio Production I.G. have announced that Ghost In The Shell director Mamoru Oshii's next animated film is set for a Japanese release in Spring 06. The film entitled "Tachigui The Amazing Lives of the Fast Food Grifters" (based on a serial novel written by Oshii) follows the rise and fall of those who steal fast food in Japan. The film is set to show a unique view of Japanese history via this medium. [Animenation]

Absolutely! It will be very interesting indeed to see how Oshii handles this, considering he's made a name for himself as a sci-fi director. The 'unique view of Japanese histroy' part grabbed me right away, even if the premise of people pinching food does sound very strange...

Did I just read that correctly? An anime about people who steal fast food?

*has an image of a bishonen dashing out of McDonalds laden with burgers and chips*

:shock: Interesting...

It sounds a lot like a Satoshi Kon project, especially Millenium Actress. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this; Oshii seems about ripe for a dramatic smash hit, and I think this could be it :)

I must say this sounds intriguing, I'm a big, big Oshii fan (check out his live action Polish movie Avalon, man's certainly gifted) and I can't wait to see how he handles such an obtuse concept.

People stealing fast food sounds slightly odd.... But I am sure it will deffinately be something interesting to watch even if it is a little odd...

Back