New DragonBall Anime

Takanome said:
I really hope they animate the Cross Epoch Oda and Toriyama did together
I heard someone else say that, I don't understand why they should. It sucked, Badly. It'll be one of them five minutes raw's that we'll only see if someone records it off the big screen, like this. It'll have little to no plot, It'll basically be a clip of Goku x Luffy together fighting or something.

Awww gutted, thought there was going to be a new series or something like that lol.

Lol Jayme the clip you posted is should be destroyed and never talked about again lol

megagold5 said:
I wonder how many people have come to this topic thinking I am some fool and am gonna go on about Dragonball AF.....

TBF, anyone who even thinks about dragonball AF being nowerdays real is a fool ;)

Ryo Chan said:
megagold5 said:
I wonder how many people have come to this topic thinking I am some fool and am gonna go on about Dragonball AF.....

TBF, anyone who even thinks about dragonball AF being nowerdays real is a fool ;)

it isn't real?!?!?! I've seen loads of pics around.... ;D

Might be wishfull thinking, but I'd love to see a new DB series...

chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:
megagold5 said:

it isn't real?!?!?! I've seen loads of pics around.... ;D

Might be wishfull thinking, but I'd love to see a new DB series...

well, it's real in the same sence as fan art exists

but not real as in a credible manga that's been on sale

Quick question: in Japan, what's bigger? One Piece or Naruto? obviously, over here it's Naruto, but One Piece seems to be bigger in Japan - is this right?

Espy said:
Quick question: in Japan, what's bigger? One Piece or Naruto? obviously, over here it's Naruto, but One Piece seems to be bigger in Japan - is this right?
Yes, One Piece is the biggest Shounen series in Japan, bigger than Naruto by quite a fair margin.

Lupus Inu said:
Espy said:
Yes, One Piece is the biggest Shounen series in Japan, bigger than Naruto by quite a fair margin.

didn't realise One Piece started the same time as Naruto,

coulda sworn One Piece was older

Ryo Chan said:
Lupus Inu said:
One Piece is 10 years old. Naruto is eight or so years old. So yeah, One Piece is older.

really? according to Wiki, One piece started Oct 99 and Naruto Nov 99
Naruto Manga started serialization at the end of '99. One Piece manga started in 97'. The One Piece anime started in '99 whilst the Naruto anime started in '02.

One Piece is older, and more popular, The manga sells more and the anime gets more views. Although, That's reverse for the English speaking countries.

The main reason for the difference in popularity is the exotic feel of the two titles. In Japan One Piece has a very western feel and is therefore exotic; Naruto owes a lot of its ideology to Japan and hence is less so. In the west the very nature of the ties to Japanese culture lends it an exotic air whilst the very western values of One Piece makes it much less interesting. If you think of it in those terms it really is quite simple to understand why.

As far as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest goes, I have only ever seen one Dragon Quest game released over here whilst there have been numerous FFs so it goes without saying that FF would appear to be the more popular...

Gawyn said:
The main reason for the difference in popularity is the exotic feel of the two titles. In Japan One Piece has a very western feel and is therefore exotic; Naruto owes a lot of its ideology to Japan and hence is less so. In the west the very nature of the ties to Japanese culture lends it an exotic air whilst the very western values of One Piece makes it much less interesting. If you think of it in those terms it really is quite simple to understand why.

As far as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest goes, I have only ever seen one Dragon Quest game released over here whilst there have been numerous FFs so it goes without saying that FF would appear to be the more popular...

Yeah, I did wonder about your former point. It seems to make sense.

And the point I was maing about DQ and FF is that DQ is far more popular thant FF in Japan, to the point of it being a cultural phenomenon, but FF is far more established in the west.

I never realized that DQ and FF ha such differences there....
not sure if popularity was because of the exotic feel. If you ask me Naruto is an inconstant series... as per One piece you know what to expect.

Both audiences are shonen, but naruto was somehow getting more serious every other chapter.

Dragon Ball at least allowed some time for its audience to grow up.....

Back