New manga from Viz for free online

chaos

The Boss
Viz press release annouces new titles <b><i>Arata: The Legend</b></i> by Yuu Watase, <b><i>Rin-Ne</b></i> by Rumiko Takahashi, <b><i>Maoh: Juvenile Remix</b></i> by Kotaro Isaka & <b><i>Hyde and Closer</b></i> from Haro Aso.

"Every month, the official SHONEN SUNDAY website at www.ShonenSunday.com will present a new chapter from each of the three new titles online for free, as well as post a new chapter from the ongoing action/fantasy adventure KEKKAISHI by Yellow Tanabe.

The new manga line-up will complement the current online serialization of another SHONEN SUNDAY series, RIN-NE, which is now available at www.TheRumicWorld.com, the official North American website for all Rumiko Takahashi news. RIN-NE is the first SHONEN SUNDAY manga series to be published simultaneously in Japan and North America, and the graphic novels will go on sale nationwide on October 20, 2009."

<b>Edit:</b>
Viz added the opening chapters of <b>Kingyo Used Books</b>, <b>Title: House of five leaves</b>, <b>Afterschool charisma</b> and <b>Tokyo Flow Chart</b> - for free on www.sigikki.com

"<b>KINGYO USED BOOKS By Seimu Yoshizaki </b>
(Rated 'T+' for older teens)
This manga bookstore has a thousand stories to tell.
A businessman discovers how his childhood memories can brighten his day. An art student finds inspiration. An archer hits a surprising bull's eye. A housewife rediscovers romance. Welcome to Kingyo Used Books, a place where people find their dreams in manga...

<b>TITLE: HOUSE OF FIVE LEAVES By Natsume Ono</b>
A many-sided tale of faith and betrayal, drama and intrigue, set in the world of old Edo.
Masterless samurai Akitsu Masanosuke is a skilled and loyal swordsman, but his naive, diffident nature has time and again caused him to be let go by the lords who have employed him. Hungry and desperate, he becomes a bodyguard for Yaichi, the charismatic leader of a gang called "Five Leaves." Although disturbed by the gang's sinister activities, Masa begins to suspect that Yaichi's motivations are not what they seem. And despite his misgivings, the deeper he's drawn into the world of the Five Leaves, the more he finds himself fascinated by these devious, mysterious outlaws.

<b>AFTERSCHOOL CHARISMA By Kumiko Suekane </b>
History repeats itself... Or does it?
St. Kleio Academy is a very exclusive school: all of the students are clones of famous historical figures such as Beethoven, Queen Elizabeth I, Napoleon, Mozart, and Freud. All of them, that is, except for Shiro Kamiya. As Shiro struggles to adapt to this unusual campus, St. Kleio's first graduate, a clone of John F. Kennedy, is killed. Are the clones doomed to repeat the fate of their genetic progenitors, or can they create their own destinies? And how does a normal boy like Shiro fit in?

<b>TOKYO FLOW CHART By Eiji Miruno</b>
This manga will f(low) with your brain!
Have you ever wished that somebody else would just DO SOMETHING about the chaos in your life? Then this is the perfect manga for a slacker like you! Tokyo Flow Chart is (probably) the world's first four-frame comic strip in flow chart format. It breaks down the complexities of life and aids in the mastery of brain skills such as flow-chart-manga comprehension or mental bullet-dodging. As Confusious say, "Let your brain flow with the chart!"

Well, are our eyes able to gaze upon their booty? I tried to have a browse a while back, but the Flash application was too slow.

Well i know i can't see the bloody things. All i get is a grey page with a red line down the left side of the screen.

Annoying as i liked the sound/look of Hyde & Closer....

I saw the news and thought woo they opened this up for Europe now too! Go to the site and boo, same problem. Won't load, which I was originally told because it was due to region restrictions...

So what's the deal, is this for the US only or not?

Viz Europe sent me the press release and I've posted. I didn't check this, but I'll contact them (and hope it wasn't a mistake).

I can now read all the chapters on sigikki.com except for the Afterschool Charisma ones (and I live in Denmark). I really don't care since that series IMO sucks donkey balls :)
I had to read it all with Hotspot Shield before, so I'm happy now :p

I've tried accessing the manga now and I can read them now =)

So Mort, you read them already? what do you think of those others series?

Sorry for the late answer :p

I actually haven't read any of the Children of the Sea chapters yet, because Volume 1 has been published, so I plan on buying it.

Afterschool Charisma: It'll probably be better when it get startet, but with the two chapter that are online now I think it is a kinda sucky manga. The plot is about some clones in a school - clones of historical persons. The problem here is that I don't think the characters are like their historical originals. When I saw Mozart I simply hated this series xD

Bokurano: Ours: Anything hasn't really happened yet, but I have watched the anime and since I loved it, I'm sure that the original manga is at least as good ;)

Dorohedoro: There's only one chapter online right now, so I find it hard to judge if this series is gonna be good or bad. I thought the characters are drawn a bit stiff, but there are many details, so I take it as good drawn...

House of Five Leaves: With only one chaper out it is hard to tell if it's gonna be a good or bad manga. But I liked the clean art style very much and the so can be quite good if done right.

I'll Give It My All… Tomorrow: I found chapter one very entertaining. I like the headcharacter and especially the simple and kinda childish art style. Maybe it will not be an exciting action manga, but since I love slice-of-life mangas I think this is gonna be a great read.

Kingyo Used Books: Chapter one was a bit slow-paced and I thought it was a little boring. I can't see how this manga is gonna turn out, but I really don't care either…

Saturn Apartments: This manga looks interesting. It has a very unique art style and the story looks fine too.

Tokyo Flow Chart: I my opinion the humor is decent enough, but it is probably much more funny to read it in the original language. I just think that the translation made it not so funny. Of course I cant't read japanese, so how would I know?

Back