New release dates for ADV's UK DVDs

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<a href="http://www.animeondvd.com/">AnimeOnDVD are reporting</a> (though no official source is provided) that ADV Films UK (now via Lace, <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/news/1599/adv-seals-their-future-in-uk-with-lace-digital-media-sales">following the recent closure of ADV's London office</a>) have circulated the following new UK anime DVD release dates. These are listed below:

<b>31st March</b>
Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor Vol. #5

<b>14th April</b>
Le Chevalier D'Eon Vol. #6
Pumpkin Scissors Vol. #1
Red Garden Vol. #3

<b>28th April</b>
Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy Vol. #1
Kurau: Phantom Memory Vol. #4
Paniponi Dash Vol. #5

<b>12th May</b>
009-1 Vol. #3
Utawarerumono Vol. #5
Wallflower Vol. #1

Maltos said:
Still no sign of 5CM yet :(

Well 5cm/s is only scheduled for an American release this month, so its probably not a good idea to expect it ib the UK too soon, eh?

Technically it was released yesterday, but who knows with all the shambles going on at ADV. However, according to DVD Pacific they've got it on order, but you still never know.

I wouldn't count on a UK release for quite some time. Or were you referring to the American release...

A quick check on Amazon confirms the same release dates for everything except Guyver (still showing as 2010). The first few items I checked at Play all just said 'coming soon', so I assume the information hasn't reached them yet.

Looking forward to Flights of Fancy and The Wallflower here, as well as more of the excellent Pani Poni Dash!.

To all those asking for 5cm or Gurren Lagann, you have to bear in mind these are just rescheduled solicitations for previously hiatused/delayed titles. Neither of those two were ever solicited (ie were given provisional release dates for retailers) by ADV UK.

Well at least I will get to finish watching Le Chevalier D'Eon at the end of April so thats nice. As for the rest like Guyver, Red Garden an Kurau I can continue to get the new volumes at last. Although I guess it wasn't that big of a delay.

It may of been a baseless fact but i'm sure i heard somewhere 5CM was getting a release pretty darn close to the US. But hey~ i'll wait for the masterpiece :)

Maltos said:
It may of been a baseless fact but i'm sure i heard somewhere 5CM was getting a release pretty darn close to the US. But hey~ i'll wait for the masterpiece :)

If you're right I'd prefer to get the R2 because I have Place Promised on R2, but if not I'll just get the R1.

Well i'm going to wait for the R2. But i was so close to ordering the Japanese special edition...though i dont speak a word of it~ because it is my favourite film. I'll only start importing R1 when i can find a decent way to play it on my computer.

Assuming you have a TV, my Phillips multi-region DVD player only cost £30 from Curry's. Its cheap and simple, but it does the job.

I've unlocked my DVD player but i much prefer watching stuff on my computer screen. The TV in my room is smaller and not widescreen. And i normally can't get at the TV downstairs...

A little miffed now that the R1 releases have sort of been sorted, my careful planning to get discs sent seperatly due to release dates has gone to pot and 4 discs have been shipped together so a duty bill will need to be paid.

I've only actually just seen this thread.

Any point in me buying The Wall Flower or don't you think it will all get released?

Lelouch said:

Any point in me buying The Wall Flower or don't you think it will all get released?
It will be getting released. The issues with UK distribution have now been resolved and it should be (almost) business as usual from now on in the short-to-medium term at the very least.

Gawyn said:
Lelouch said:

It will be getting released. The issues with UK distribution have now been resolved and it should be (almost) business as usual from now on in the short-to-medium term at the very least.

Ah, thanks.

I'm like looking forward to an anime for the 1st time in ages...

I bought School rumble it wasn't that good from the 1st three episodes.

Back