New work

mikeormy

Dandy Guy, in Space
Just bought a How to Draw Manga book. This is the first time ive drawn a larger character. Any crit welcome. Sorry about the quality my scanner seems to be a bit broke.

That's really good! And the grainy look kinda helps set the mood for it, so it sorta works (funny how problems like that can work out!)

I'm not perfect at drawing full figures yet either, but I think maybe you could do with making the legs a little longer...? Other than that, I honestly can't think of anything you could improve! Keep it up! :D

Hmm. I do like the larger guy, especially his really low-brow...

My thoughts on the second one would be that, overall, it's well balanced, and the clothes look quite good. However, he does look twisted, his top and bottom halves are facing in slightly different directions, and that's a very difficult pose to pull off.

Also, his mouth seems to be a little too high, in the smaller view (fit to my browser) it looked really weird with the beard. And, finally, since he seems to be a tough, macho guy, you could try making his wrists and ankles a bit more substantial.

Other than that it's a brilliant drawing. :D

I like the first alot, i've never successfully attempted a larger person, the shading adds good depth to the picture too.
The second is fine, just maybe his ankles and the bottoms of his legs could be a little wider, other than that good shading, and a nice picture

Wow, that's good. :D You've got the musculature of the upper body down very well, especially his neck. I also like the sword very much, you've done a good job of making it look 3d and real, even without the shading.

I do think that he looks a bit unsteady though, his feet are more or less parallel (think about it, how often do you do that?), try angling them outwards a little, or putting one slightly in front of the other. You could also make his trousers a little looser, allow room for more definate folds, and have them bagging out over the leg bindings slightly.

Oh, and that armour plate on his left leg is disturbing me somewhat. I can't help thinking that it must be digging into his crotch. :shock:

This is a new pic ive been working on. I thought I'd try and colour it. Was going to try and add some shadow though I copped out and decided to use a light instead.

Ooooooooh, very Metal Gear Solid! :D

I'm hardly the one to comment on shadow and all that, but I'd really love to see this bought to life more with shading (maybe try to recreate later on when you feel more confident?) Then it will look even more amazing! Very good work!

They are good, i like the fact that you've given them backgrounds, i wish i could do the same with my stuff. The way you've done the Ninja picture really gives it life

This pic isnt finnished yet and I'm not sure if it ever will be so I decided to post it. I'm quite pleased with the background though I think it could be much better. I'll be getting a graphics tablet soon so I should be able to improve my computer colouring.

Hmmm.... looked through all of your artwork and they are great, especially the first 2 which shows you are good at shading and outline. Your other artwork in colour are also good too, show you can use colour in many different ways

Just finished colouring this pic. I really like the effect of the watercolour and I'm definately going to continue with it. Might be my last post in a while as Ive got a ton of college work to do.

I decided that I needed to work a bit on my computer colouring. I drew the pic first using a paint brush and then coloured it on the computer. I'm quite pleased with it and its the first coloured pic on the computer that I bothered to finish. Any comments good/bad, how can I improve on it?

This is the first pic I've done in a long while. I've been doing my college exams and just had no time. I took the pic from 'Texhnolze' - not a huge fan of the series but I love the look of it. Anways see what you think and tell me where it could be improved. I went for a more traditional look with it as I'm tired of sitting at a computer for hours colouring in.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33715354/

Back