News from the London Expo

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<p>It has been a fairly sparse London Expo this year with little to nothing in terms of real surprises to announce. With that said, below is the news so far, courtesy of <a href="http://eyeonanime.co.uk/index3.php">Eye On Anime</a>:</p>

Manga Ent. and Jetix have officially confirmed their intentions to release and broadcast Naruto in the UK.
Manga Ent. will begin releasing Naruto on UK DVD on the 21st of August. This will be a boxset of the first 13 episodes; uncut and bilingual.
Manga Ent. have so far acquired the first 52 episodes of Naruto, while Jetix will air the first 26 episodes. We assume that with a show as big as Naruto (180+ episodes), they are protecting themselves against over investing in the series without knowing whether or not it will be successful.
MVM confirmed their pre-announced license of Petite Cosette while Beez's DVD releases of My-Hime will be spread across 6 DVDs (the US DVD release consists of 7 discs).

It's cool that Manga will be releasing Naruto 13 eps at a time and in August! With a series as big as Naruto, this will be a big money saver.

Paul said:
[*]MVM confirmed their pre-announced license of Petite Cosette while Beez's DVD releases of My-Hime will be spread across 6 DVDs (the US DVD release consists of 7 discs).[/list]

:D 6 discs for HiME instead of 7 sounds great.

I think I'll be opting for the US Naruto box sets, just because theres a special edition version of the first one with lots of nice goodies :D

Jetix will air the first 26 episodes. We assume that with a show as big as Naruto (180+ episodes), they are protecting themselves against over investing in the series without knowing whether or not it will be successful.
Uh-oh. Here come the relentless repeats again. :roll:

Mohawk52 said:
Jetix will air the first 26 episodes. We assume that with a show as big as Naruto (180+ episodes), they are protecting themselves against over investing in the series without knowing whether or not it will be successful.
Uh-oh. Here come the relentless repeats again. :roll:

Don't moan, at least we're getting something of decent quality rather than One Piece/Shaman King dub. [AMG]

I always thought the 7 DVD thing was just plain cheeky. Just a way to spread a series out a little bit more for that bit of extra coin. Nevermind those plain offensive 2 episodes for 20 quid things. >=(

Well the lesser the number of DVD's is better for the UK but it doesn't really matter in the US. You can get the region 1 DVDs for about £8 or £9 each. They can afford to lower prices depending on content for some volumes but the UK market doesn't have that luxury.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Well the lesser the number of DVD's is better for the UK but it doesn't really matter in the US. You can get the region 1 DVDs for about £8 or £9 each. They can afford to lower prices depending on content for some volumes but the UK market doesn't have that luxury.

Luxury or no, its downright cheeky!

Gawyn said:
Wavey said:
when is the first My Hime DvD being released?
26th June.

According to Pinnacle Vision it's now slipped to the 3rd July.

Was a bit disappointed when I saw that R1 My-HiME was spread across 7 discs as Bandai are usually good with their disc counts. Nonetheless, as WTFDaveMustaine says each volume is only about £8-9 if you go to somewhere like amazon marketplace so it should still work out cheaper anyway.

Personally I don't think they will. There is a chance we'll get some extras in the UK but I suspect it won't be the same as in the US.

i dont know manga have been really good this last year for the release and theres a good chance they will have the special extras.

Back