Next Gen Consoles XBOX 360 and PS3

Macross G

Brigade Leader
I don't know if you lot are into video games but if you are I'm sure you;re
aware the new consoles are on there way. What one do you think will be the best? Which one will you buy? I;m going to get the PS3 and XBOX 360.
But I don't have much interest in nintendo's revolution.

I am looking forward to PS3 and Revolution but not really liking the new Xbox 360. Its got a really stupid name!

I will probably go with the PS3 , maybe the Revolution. Never had two consoles at the same time , I just tend to spend a while picking which one of the upcoming generation of them I want.

What are you doing buying two systems for?! Buy one and spend the money on anime and manga!! Lol. I think I would have to give my vote to the PS3. As said it's the most powerful and Sony has consistently had the better games. And to my knowledge most of the anime/manga related games that aren't worldwide releases are on Sony's machine (think Nintendo has a few too. Not sure about the Xbox but I doubt it) :D If ever there was a reason to buy a playstation!!! Fight as Naruto!! Perform alchemy as Ed!!

im a Nintendo fan, but i hate to say it but DAMN , the PS3 is one powerful SOB!

i watched the long (1hour and 45 min) press conference for PS3, and damn, those specs its got and stuff... who would need a computer?

but on the other hand, it will be EXTREAMLLY EXPENSIVE, and we still havent seen the specs and the actuall Controller (because from past experience, all off Nintendo's controllers have been copied.. its true!) so it may offer something new and very good.

so i may end up with a Revolution, or PS3, where as for the 360... SCREW THAT!, all they ever concentrate on is their 'Online' FEATURE.... the huge majority of gamers dont even have access to online gaming (like me) and not enough quality games.

The price of the PS3 will not bother me. My twin brother has more than £1000 saved up (he's on disability benefit) so he can get a PS3 and PSP on launch.

My PC shall suffice. I got a PS2 last generation, and not one decent game I purchased couldn't have also been got for the PC with better graphics anyway. Plus, if you're going to splash out for a new PC on a Uni Student budget, you're going to have trouble affording food let alone a console to go with it all.

The next generation hasn't really amazed me yet anyway. I don't believe that the tech-demos we've seen - except the Unreal Engine 3 stuff - is actually at all representative of actual gameplay. At the end of the day, i'd rather have Half-Life 3 over Halo 3 or Final Fantasy XXVIII or super-happy Mario funtime. Scathing generalistation I know, but money is involved :p

Since the people have been saying that the Xbox "360" will be £400 I'd assume that the rest will be around that too.

I like the PS3 the most so far but I also like the Revolution (please change this name. Since I have a loathing for the Xbox I will not even consider getting the 360.

Has anyone seen the PS3 control pads yet? They are the worst looking things I have ever seen, what's up with the handles being so long!? I don't see why they can't use the original/dualshock2 control pads any more.

I only really play Doom-style shoot em ups, games that simply don't work on consoles imo. Having said that, the PS3 does look amazing- if they make new versions of Gran Turismo or GTA for it I'll think about getting one. And you can play PS2 games on it too :)

Macross G said:
I don't know if you lot are into video games but if you are I'm sure you;re
aware the new consoles are on there way. What one do you think will be the best? Which one will you buy? I;m going to get the PS3 and XBOX 360.
But I don't have much interest in nintendo's revolution.

I`ll probable have both anyways :)

Getting Xbox 360 and linking up to broad band so can play final fantasy XI. I think will have to fight the missus for it since shes a final fantasy freak.

When it comes to gaming cconsoles, i may as well say that i have every one to date, cept the dreamcast, so i expect that i will be getting all three again. I mostly am after the Revolution as i am more of a Nintendo fan than any other. Yet i like the Xbox for online gaming as well as the PC, and the PS3 will be good for the next Devil may cry and Final Fantasy VII remake. Oh yeah, i will get the gameboy micro as well as it will be adding to my nintendo collection.

the Xbox 360 is £207 with a wired controller and i dont think it comes with a hard drive
there is also a £270 version witha wireless controller and a hard drive it does come with other stuff too.
i think the Nintendo Dolphin was the code name for the N64 =)
of the consoles comeing out ill def get the revolution and probably get the PS3 but im undecided about the Xbox 360 cos i dont play the Xbox and the only games on it i have are also out on the PC.

Back