NieR: New Project now NieR: Automata, new details revealed

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
NieR-Automata_2015_10-29-15_033.jpg

NieR-Automata_2015_10-29-15_018.jpg

Square Enix's Paris Games Week presentation is soon and new information on the next NieR title have been revealed. For starters the title has been renamed as NieR: Automata.

Gematsu has the full info:
Story
The distant future.

Aliens suddenly invaded. And they dispatched weapons known as “Machine Life-Forms.” Before their overwhelming power, humanity fled to the moon.

In order to recapture Earth, mankind organized a resistance of combat-type android soldiers. Then to break the deadlock, mankind introduced the “Yorha” unit, new types of advanced android soldiers.

In the barren stretches of a land where humans do not exist, the Machine Life-Forms and Androids battle. This war is the key that opens the door to an unknown truth…

Yorha 2B
A combat android dispatched as a member of the infantry. Although she has the appearance of a woman, her actual gender is unknown. She mainly uses short-range sword attacks, with long-range “pod” attacks for support. Because she always wears goggles, little of her face is shown. What really lies beneath them?

Androids
Combat androids created by humanity after fleeing to the moon by the invasion of aliens. The “Yorha” android units have no names, but are rather referred to by their identification numbers. They are prohibited to feel emotion, but each model has their differences. Yorha 2B, for example, appears calm and composed.

Machine Life-Forms
The autonomous machine life-forms that invaded earth. They’re called this because they have the ability to repair and restore themselves, or possibly create new machines. No one knows how powerful they are. However, they are powerful enough to have caused mankind to flee Earth.
NieR-Automata_2015_10-29-15_006.jpg

NieR-Automata_2015_10-29-15_005.jpg

NieR-Automata_2015_10-29-15_004.jpg

NieR-Automata_2015_10-29-15_003.jpg

NieR-Automata_2015_10-29-15_001.jpg

NieR: Automata will be coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 in the NieR future.

Looks bloody wonderful. This was a title I had no idea I wanted until it was announced tbh, so glad it exists as I loved the first game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the game could do with a variety of enemies and not just androids/machines. Other than that the game is looking good, if it manages 1080p 60fps in the final product that would be awesome.

Only just watched the full trailer,game looks amazing in motion, cannot wait for this.

Listenign to teh OST all teh way through for like the hundredth time!

Back