Nintendo Wii

i feel waste!
i jsut went to HMV in oxford street who are doing the midnight launch to enquire about the limited edition zelda tin that is available for the night (which i btw pre-ordered). and they said to me that you need wrist bands for the wii launch event...so i asked for one, and she told me that they sold out 10am in the morning, i was like 0_o.

bah oh well.

looks like tomorow 7am i will be in the que for when my local GAME store opens...whoo-hooo 1 more day!

anybody got a wii yet? i have zelda in the post but no update on my wii yet :'(

my sister works in argos and she said their warehouse got 75% of the wiis they need to fill pre orders but that means theres still a shortage . :(

I got my Wii and Zelda through the post!

Anyone who hasn't got theirs, fear not, Nintendo promise lots of shipments up to Christmas (and presumably after).

i picked it up friday morning at 7am from my local GAME store with Zelda and Wii Play.
good stuff....
the hype and wait has finally been broken....
now the next wait is February....(frigging naruto fillers.)

I am tempted to buy a wii at the moment I really wanna play Zelda on it, I mean REALLY wanna play it and find out how effective these new controllers are for myself

McIcy said:
I am tempted to buy a wii at the moment I really wanna play Zelda on it, I mean REALLY wanna play it and find out how effective these new controllers are for myself

I can say this, you won't be dissapointed

The controls for Red Steel are a bit dodgy, but you get used to them after a while

Berserker said:
McIcy said:

I can say this, you won't be dissapointed

The controls for Red Steel are a bit dodgy, but you get used to them after a while

Speaking of Red Steel, how is the game?
i have read tons of reviews for that game and it has extreamley mixed reviews, ranging from 5/10 to 8 or 9/10.

and one of the main problems i heard was the controls and the graphics.
i heard that some scenes in the game look absolutely fantastic then some other scenes look fugly.

i would like to know your honest opinion and thoughts on this game, as i ended up getting Zelda TP (obviously) and Wii play (with a free wii-remote :) ) and i really wanted to get Red Steel, but didnt want to 'risk' it.

Karmatwisted said:
Yeah, please tell us what you think of the sword combat too ^^

Yeah how is the sword fighting and gun toting action on the wii how well does it work? Cause lets face it thats the main selling point of the machine (for me anyway)

I'm somewhat disapointed with Red steel. Basically, they needed to use the Dpad for movement, the Nunchuck Analogue stick for turning, and the wiimote pointer as the gun aim. That would be the perfect control system for it!

Instead the Wiimote is both for aiming the gun AND turning. The trouble is is that this means when turning you cannot aim at all. Plus the fact is that you have to aim off the screen to turn at all, when you bring the pointer back on the screen it often flies up or down, meaning you are spending excessive time trying to orientate yourself, often while getting shot! The sword fighting suffers from most of the same issues, BUT it is fun when you get it right!

It is playable, but personally i wish WE had the ability to set up our own controls as we wished. I for one would prefer the way i suggested.

Hence it isn't an inbuilt Wii problem, just Ubisoft only giving you one control option when it should allow customisable controls.

However those depressed with my assessment, note the Zelda controls are perfect! 8)

hmm that sounds annoying, I remember the first person shooters on the N64 with the c buttons for looking and strafe, and the anologue for movement. That was bareable for me but only because I could change the controls to what I wanted.

Zelda sounds amazing though!

Warmaster said:
I'm somewhat disapointed with Red steel. Basically, they needed to use the Dpad for movement, the Nunchuck Analogue stick for turning, and the wiimote pointer as the gun aim. That would be the perfect control system for it!

Instead the Wiimote is both for aiming the gun AND turning. The trouble is is that this means when turning you cannot aim at all. Plus the fact is that you have to aim off the screen to turn at all, when you bring the pointer back on the screen it often flies up or down, meaning you are spending excessive time trying to orientate yourself, often while getting shot! The sword fighting suffers from most of the same issues, BUT it is fun when you get it right!

It is playable, but personally i wish WE had the ability to set up our own controls as we wished. I for one would prefer the way i suggested.

Hence it isn't an inbuilt Wii problem, just Ubisoft only giving you one control option when it should allow customisable controls.

However those depressed with my assessment, note the Zelda controls are perfect! 8)

hmmm, seems very annoying....looks like Ubi Soft may correct this and other errors with Red Steel 2 (which by the way, has been confirmed)

Back