Nominate your favorites for the NEO awards '07

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
NEO Magazine are organizing their annual awards ceremony for 2007 and they need your help to come up with a bunch of worthy nominations (based on the past 12 months of UK DVD releases). So if you have a good idea about what is the "Best Anime Series" or the "Best Anime Character", <a href="http://www.neomag.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4201">hop on over to the NEO forums</a> and place your vote now.

Once this nomination process is over, you will again have to vote for your favorites in a web poll that's ultimately intended to run up until October's London MCM Expo, where the winners will be formally announced at a glitzy ceremony.

This is a difficult one; my guesses/opinions are:

Best Anime Series - Black Lagoon
Best Asian Movie - Battle Royale???? (haven't seen any recently)
Best Manga - Death Note
Best Video Game - Okami
Best Actor - (Is This Just Asian Actors?)
Best Actress -
Best Anime Character - Kohta (Elfen Lied) / Revy (Black Lagoon) / Alphonse (FMA)
Best Manga Character - C.T. Smith (Zombie Powder) / Near (Death Note) / Raito (Death Note)

Of course, this is out of the very minuscule amount i have seen/read; and its also tough because they have to be out on UK Release as well; hence i have chosen three for the last two.

Also; the same phpBB forum. xD.

Lupus Inu said:
I don't want Death Note to win best manga, even if it's inevitable.
Off topic slightly but I've seen up to episode 30 now and I still think it's going strong. Though I can see why the fan girls might be full of hate.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Lupus Inu said:
I don't want Death Note to win best manga, even if it's inevitable.
Off topic slightly but I've seen up to episode 30 now and I still think it's going strong. Though I can see why the fan girls might be full of hate.

I've read up too 11, and completed the anime; with both films. xD. I am one of the few along with WTFDaveMustaine who actually likes the Near/Mello arcs, they evolve as the story gets on, you can see two totally different personalities trying to achieve one main objective, although L had his moments, it gets more deadly with Near. :D

I've read the series through to its completion in vol 12 and despite what others say about the ending felt that it was alright, all-in-all. It really didn't end much differently to the way I thought it would go to be honest although I felt the series took a bit of a downturn after L, who I sympathised with much more than I did Near or Mello.

Back