Not a bad start, I hope you'll agree...?

Siobhan said:
Ah. See, I do all mine digitally, in Photoshop. I'm sure I'm perfectly capable of inking them on the original sketch, but I'm nowhere near sure enough of myself.... :oops:

It just takes a fair bit of concentration, and usually I have the TV on and a Scottish housemate screaming as he gets beat (again) on another game... Hardly the ideal environment to draw in! Lol. But I'm sure you'd be great at inking on the original :p

But anyway, inspired by you (again, you've really helped me come along Siobhan, but not to discredit everyone else who's encouraged me along the way! You all rock! :D ) I done this in ink and colour.

Again, I used a picture to refer to, cos I think it helps build my confidence. I'm pretty damn proud of this, and - if it weren't for her hand looking like its been broken in several places - it would probably be my favourite.

Let me know what you think!

I really like your new pics. If your having trouble with hands then try looking at your own, put your own hand in the position you want and use it for referece, or use a magazine and get some examples. Your really improving, and you've inspired me to start drawing again (lost my spark a bit to.)

Sucks when you lose your spark doesn't it Mikeormy? Lol. I'm sure you'll get it back (hope you do, cos you're stuff's gooooooooooood!)

I think that hand sucked cos I drew a pretty good one in a doodle the other week... Damn you karma!

Cheers for the comment and advice ^_^

Wow, you really have improved! The body proportions are looking better and that hand is better than what I can do! Hands are evil to draw! :wink:
But I'd like to point out the shoulders - Women's shoulders slope down more than one of the male variety (basically a man's shoulder is nearly a straight line in comparison). I think it's harder to notice these sort of things, but you pick it up eventually. Anyway, it's an excellent piece! :D Keep up the good work!
________
Turkish cooking

Again, another strong picture. Proportions-wise, he head is a little too small, but everything else is spot on. Whilst you can play around with the proportions in something like manga-style art (as long as you do it with style...) you will generally find the heads to be over-large rather than the other way round.

The only other thing I can spot is that her left arm seems to disappear in a rather worrying fashion. I know it's meant to be behind her other arm, but you need to make it a little more 3D to be convincing.

Yes, as pointed out her shoulders are a little too straight for a woman (but then, so are mine), and you still need to work on hands, but don't we all. I am convinced that they are the single most difficult part of the body to draw. Grr. :evil:

i agree with Siobhan in many aspects, its a good picture and you are really improving, but the head does seem a little small for the body, and the left arm does seem a little flat. but its good in all, and you only can improve as they say so i expect you will be doing even better pictures soon enough. i would be drawing a bit more but at the moment..i have an artist type block..no idea what to draw :?

Woo! After a while of not drawing then my scanning playing up on me, I can finally post up some more pics!!! Yay!

My Final Fantasy fan-boyness is beginning to show now (building up to drawing the mighty, mighty Selphie who I love more than is healthy...) with 2 fan pics. Ok, so most (alright, all) of it's copied from something as a base: but there are still bits in each that I've chaged to make it more personal rather than a straight copy.

I really like them all, but my fav is easily the one of Tifa, which I drew today! So pleased with it! Hope y'all like em too ^_^

Back