Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Dimensional Fortress Macross

• Mobile Police Patlabor

• Total voters

Miaka-chan

Stand User
I seem to have been watching an awful lot of older anime at the moment and I was just wondering what everyone's favourite pre 1990 anime is?!

Mine would either be Ranma 1/2 or Orange Road, as I can only vote once, I'm choosing Orange Road :D

Patlabor for me- not really familiar with most of the stuff on that list though. Got all 47 eps of Patlabor TV now, its a great show.

hmmm its close between YuYu Hakusho, FOTNS, Patlabor & Macross, but Macross really does just get in there.

Ramen89 said:
not the butchered Funimation ones.
I hope you mean the butchered SABAN episodes, since all FUNi did was change the music. And that isnt butchering.

Anyway, wot no Gundam?

Well, I've only really seen Macross in its Robotech form, if that counts. Patlabor, I also really liked, but I've only seen the first 2 movies, none of the OAV's.

Actually, I saw Dominion Tank police a long time ago, but I can't really remember it, so I couldn't comment.

Rurouni H said:
What, no Zeta Gundam?
Indeed. And not 0079 - the only good thing I feel I got out of watching that was a sense of who was who in Zeta...

Of the list I vote Ranma 1/2 of course :) I've often wondered how many people with Gender Identity Issues have traveled China looking for a cursed spring to fall in...

I'm sorry but I have to say Macross (Robotech). Just brings back so many childhood memories. I've still got a Veritech fighter at home! I found a site a few years ago that used to stream the episodes and saw the whole first series again pretty much but alas the site was shut down :(

I said Draginball/DBZ, aside from the fact i've always really liked Dragonball Z i havn't actually seen any of the others, well appart from the first two volumes of Yu Yu Hakusho

Well, I voted for Ranma ½, which I think is my favourite there. However, I've recently seen Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, and rather liked it. Well, around 90-95% of it, anyway. And I haven't watched the movie yet, which is apparently quite dreadful ... but overall I still liked it a lot.

Of course, there are always Ghibli (and similar) movies, but that goes without saying. Well, it would have done if I weren't here, anyway.

Part of the problem is that I forget when things get made, so I don't really know what counts. Plus I'm too lazy to look that sort of thing up.

The Judge said:
I'm sorry but I have to say Macross (Robotech). Just brings back so many childhood memories. I've still got a Veritech fighter at home! I found a site a few years ago that used to stream the episodes and saw the whole first series again pretty much but alas the site was shut down :(

Ah HG and there customary C&D orders. Is your Valkyrie (Veritech) a Bandai one yeah? I dont have any of them but i have 8 of the modern Yamato ones an a heap load of other non-transforming ones and a few Destroids too

Colin said:
Of course, there are always Ghibli (and similar) movies, but that goes without saying. Well, it would have done if I weren't here, anyway.

Part of the problem is that I forget when things get made, so I don't really know what counts. Plus I'm too lazy to look that sort of thing up.
Laputa 1986.
Totoro 1988.
Kiki's Delivery Service 1989.
I didn't include any Ghibli movies because everyone would have voted for them! and I was trying to pick TV series/OVAs, rather than movies.
Plus all polls are subject to 10 options, which is why there's no Gundam etc.
You couldn't ask for a more varied choice though! Romance, to punch-ups, to comedy, to mechs and even gender issues :lol:

I`ll have to say Dominion Tank Police, just because it was the very first anime DVD I brought back in the days when I was still 15 and just been introduced to anime by the late night channel 4 showing of anime.

Ahhh bless the days when you could watch tenticles come out of the floor and do sexual things to a cartoon girl on channel 4. Where have those days gone LOL.

Back