Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon Ball/DBZ

• Super Dimensional Fortress Macross

• Mobile Police Patlabor

• Total voters
@ Hybridchild: Yeah my Valkyrie is a Bandai one :D For the longest time I tried to get it to transform and almost took the screws out. Only found out yesterday it wasn't supposed to transform (lol) though it's suspected they intended it to transform.

Anyone remember Speed Racer or Voltron? Those were damn cool too. Was Battle of the Planets anime? I remember watching that too

The Judge said:
@ Hybridchild: Yeah my Valkyrie is a Bandai one :D For the longest time I tried to get it to transform and almost took the screws out. Only found out yesterday it wasn't supposed to transform (lol) though it's suspected they intended it to transform.

Ah that one, its not actually a bandai one its a Matchbox/Playmates one that was made using the molds of a bandai one but without the ability to transform so it would be cheap to proudce for the Robotech toy line. I had one myself, i remember being so disapointed that it didnt transform :(

No Urusei Yatsura? :/

Went for Maison Ikkoku, but could easily have put Ranma or KOR instead.

Speaking of KOR, anyone know if MVM have plans to release some of it on DVD? I'm pretty sure they still have the license.

If i had to choose a old school anime it would be either transformers or Gatchaman, they started anime in the west

I bought G gundam yesterday and it quite enjoyable although its more like a cross between DBZ and Gundam opposed to the traditional Gundams like 08th team.

Jamesthom87 said:
I bought G gundam yesterday and it quite enjoyable although its more like a cross between DBZ and Gundam opposed to the traditional Gundams like 08th team.
G Gundam was 1994? Don't think that qualifies as "old skool" ^^ (neither is 08th MS team either, which is newer than G-Gundam).

In retro terms, I personally just finished watching Zeta Gundam today. Boy was that great. Shame that my favorite character died :_(

Though as this is Zeta we're talking about, it was a case of "who didn't die?!" anyway ^^. So now i'm onto ZZ Gundam. Lets see how long I can put up with it!

Dragonball Z wins my vote, quite simply because it was the first anime that I found remotely enjoyable, and in doing so, it introduced me to a realm of wonder and seizure inducing animations....

kupoartist said:
In retro terms, I personally just finished watching Zeta Gundam today. Boy was that great. Shame that my favorite character died :_(

Though as this is Zeta we're talking about, it was a case of "who didn't die?!" anyway ^^. So now i'm onto ZZ Gundam. Lets see how long I can put up with it!

I'm curious, who was your favourite character?

I can't find subs/raws of ZZ or V anywhere...

Rurouni H said:
I'm a sucker for strong female characters (you may remember me bitching about 0079's female characterisations), so I really liked the character of Emma Sheen. A female Gundam pilot is sadly a rarity, but decent female Gundam pilots are even fewer in number.

Last edited by a moderator:
kupoartist said:
Rurouni H said:
I'm a sucker for strong female characters (you may remember me bitching about 0079's female characterisations), so I really liked the character of Emma Sheen. A female Gundam pilot is sadly a rarity, but decent female Gundam pilots are even fewer in number.

Heh, a number of your gripes have stayed in my mind, you seem to know what to say to get me annoyed :lol:. But yeah, I liked Emma a lot too, and her death was really annoying. Totally out of character for her. Four Murasame was another of my favourites, although she got short-changed as well. My favourite Z character would probably be either Emma, Haman, or Char, with my next fave being the asteroid that killed Katz at the end.

Rurouni H said:
with my next fave being the asteroid that killed Katz at the end.
lol! Actually, that particular death suprised me the most. I was thinking that no-matter how stupid or annoying the character was, if they were a small child from the original series, they were as good as immortal. I was wrong. Never underestimate "Kill-em-all" Tomino I suppose.

Back