Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Lawrence said:
I'm actually more concerned about how humanity seems to have taken a step backwards by celebrating someones death.

I mean there were plenty of citizens who perceived the guy as a hero, hence the reason he was never ratted out.
Please don't play Devil's Advocate.

This is good news because it's a major blow to Al-Qaeda. They've lost a major leader.

Still wondering if he is actually dead, or whether its a front to get popularity up again.

As Maxon said, not like the terrorists will take it without any retaliation and its not like terrorism will stop because of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Iris.eye.225px.jpg

He was a mass-murderer and it's good that he's dead. Death should not be celebrated but this is justice, if he had been apprehended and given a fair trial he'd have got the chair anyway or whatever they do over there now.

That said, it's not like the movies where killing the big bad means the bad guys stop trying, but he was a figurehead, a well-respected one at that and hopefully his death will be a blow to terrorist morale if nothing else.

Lawrence said:
I'm actually more concerned about how humanity seems to have taken a step backwards by celebrating someones death.

I mean there were plenty of citizens who perceived the guy as a hero, hence the reason he was never ratted out.

Fair point. We are but one side of the coin, they are the other.

Personally, I think it is a shame Osama is dead. He should have lived to go on trial.

I don't like the death penalty, but sometimes there are exceptions. He was an exception.

Also, love this:

DamonLindelof said:
Know what? Today I GLADLY take this abuse. Suck it, Bin Laden. RT @KenPlume This is how you do resolution, LOST.

And groan at this:

k5pct.jpg

They say death comes in threes. Osama Bin Laden, Henry Cooper and Ted Lowe is one of the odder combinations I have to admit.

I thought that people celebrating the death in the streets was rather tasteless. The death is really just symbolic and while important there are probably bigger targets to track down, it will no doubt rally both sides.

Lawrence said:

I think I said roughly the same thing to you re: appraising Strike Witches in the context of real world military, but please try not to be so "internet".

least we know obama can go for a 2nd term

35.jpg

Lawrence said:
ilmaestro said:
Lawrence said:

I think I said roughly the same thing to you re: appraising Strike Witches in the context of real world military, but please try not to be so "internet".

I think I'm missing out on the similarities between this and the strike witches post then (feel free to point it out if you want though).

Again I'm also unsure what you mean by being so "internet" but I suppose I can give it a shot anyway.

Osama was a Neroi?

Yoshika's striker unit broke down so they had to blow her up?

you may think i'm a tin hat loonie but you don't combat terrorists by doing their job for them.

I don't buy this that's all, he's proberly been dead for quite some time.

Soubi-Hurt said:
you may think i'm a tin hat loonie but you don't combat terrorists by doing their job for them.

They wouldn't dare claim to have killed him without knowing 100% for sure that he was dead. How embarassed would they be if he released a new single after all this?

Mutsumi said:
Soubi-Hurt said:

They wouldn't dare claim to have killed him without knowing 100% for sure that he was dead. How embarassed would they be if he released a new single after all this?

He said "Dead for quite some time"; as in, they killed him earlier but left it until now to announce it.

i love chinese tv lol

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiDyrkU0WAQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiDyrkU0WAQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

oh and not safe for work :D

Back