'Ouran Host Club' to put on my want to watch list, or not?

Taylor

Vampire Ninja
I was wondering what Ouran high school host club was like? A friend of mine said it was funny but wasnt amazingly good. What does everyone here think?

Its a very hit and miss anime.

I disliked it. It was way to Shonen-ai for my likings. But I may come back to it one day. On the other hand, Some people go as far as saying its their favourite anime. Give it a try, You may be surprised!

I think I'd like to check this series out. Shoenen-ai is something that I don't mind (it's a plus for me, most of the time!) as long as it's not the focus of the storyline.

Hmm ok i may take a look. Although it doesnt sound like the kind i would usually watch it still seems quite funny so i thought i may enjoy it.

I'd certainly reccommend it - yes there is a bucket load of shoenen-ai but the thing about Ouran is that it doesnt take anything seriously, especially itself. In fact Ouran's main aim is ridiculing shoenen-ai and the wider aspects of otaku, the shoenen-ai is only there as a base for jokes, nothing more.

Give it a couple of episodes and see what you think, i hope you enjoy it!

Ouran isn't shounen-ai - it's a comedy series that parodies various shoujo, shoujo-ai and shounen-ai cliches throughout. There's plenty of non-referential humour too, as well as some drama. It's generally well-liked, but as with all comedy series check out the first few eps to see if it's your kind of thing.

I really liked it for the most part. The general story is pretty good, though a few episodes are off the mark a bit. Definately worth it as a series though.

Ok ive nearly finished watching it already (got totaly addicted, its brilliant!)

But i was wondering if anyone knew a site where i could buy the dvd's? I dont know many safe sites where you can purchase anime so thats why i came to everyone here :p

Taylor said:
Ok ive nearly finished watching it already (got totaly addicted, its brilliant!)

But i was wondering if anyone knew a site where i could buy the dvd's? I dont know many safe sites where you can purchase anime so thats why i came to everyone here :p

Funi has recently got the license. So expect some R1 DVDs sometime next year.

I have a sub of it at home. Been putting it off for the last few months. Mite be time to watch it by the sounds of things. I'd allready just seen Love Hina when I got it and fancied a change of genre.

Voodas required some action and blood :p

Back