[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

But Funimation probably had the rights to those. But ofc Aniplex is the villain. And it’s probably JP masters and the OVAs includes so it’s actually probably more. And is a similar price

I never said anything about if they could or not, I'm just saying from a consumer perspective, that's exactly what you're getting. For Aniplex money, I'd say everything the old release had is a minimum. I'm not fussed myself, I own the Manga discs anyway, but I can still understand the perspective of those who are a bit miffed.

Funimation will hold the rights to their stupid yak tracks (I really hate them), and it’s up to Aniplex whether to buy them or not, if they’re even up for sale. It’s like the current Eureka Ent Jackie Chan releases, they’ve pretty much got all of the extras from the HKL and Cine Asia DVDs, but they haven’t got anything with Bey Logan on, commentaries or featurettes.

Yes, idiots with too much money. I've bought one of their boxsets, and it's a piss-poor effort.
Okay, where is UK Kizumonogatari or Koyomi or Owari S2. Thats why I get there release because they are quick. AoA are not the best but at least they aint FUNi they still do good dubs. Lets see if any other company wants Oriemo to have a BD release? I doubt it

Is there another release with English support?
No. But AL will probably get it if S1 sells well I can’t literally spend £164 on PonyCan then AL Licenses it I would be fuming. Also I’m way more interested in Liz and the blue bird than any else of the franchise which I seem to be the only person who doesn’t adore Sound it’s good and all but not kyoAnis best

I already own both Funimation Blu-ray releases for FMA:B - their 5-volume set with metallic slips, and the more recent 2-volume set - but I instantly pre-ordered both AoA sets, because I love AoA releases. I especially want the JP-quality chipboard boxes that we'll get with these, and if we're lucky, digipaks too. Aniplex is my preferred domestic anime company here in the US, because their disc quality is the closest thing to Japanese releases, and their packaging is now manufactured in Japan as well. I currently own 85 Aniplex titles, including both AoA and AoJ releases.

Last edited:
Funimation's Otakon panel revealed some titles from the November slate:

6th November:
Angel Links: Complete Series DVD [from the long delayed Sunrise deal]
Black Clover: Part 2 BD/DVD
Kino’s Journey -the Beautiful World- the Animated Series: Complete Series Blu-ray
Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Part 2 BD/DVD

13th November:
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie: Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door Steelbook Edition Blu-ray
One Piece: Collection 23 DVD
ReLIFE OVA Collection BD/DVD
A Sister’s All You Need: Complete Series BD/DVD

20th November:
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond: Complete Series BD/DVD
GARO -VANISHING LINE-: Part 1 BD/DVD

27th November:
King's Game the Animation: Complete Series BD/DVD
Tales of the Abyss: Complete Series BD/DVD [from the long delayed Sunrise deal, subtitled only]

Back