[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Oh my god. It's happening! Nozaki-Kun is my favorite show of recent years, I'm all over that box.
It'll be my first ever import pre-order! I feel all sorts of special. I would usually wait for a UK edition but nah, no ones gonna bring that box over here given it's genres :?

Highly recommend the show, it's on Crunchy if anyone wants a go.

Dannielle said:
Oh my god. It's happening! Nozaki-Kun is my favorite show of recent years, I'm all over that box.
It'll be my first ever import pre-order! I feel all sorts of special. I would usually wait for a UK edition but nah, no ones gonna bring that box over here given it's genres :?

Highly recommend the show, it's on Crunchy if anyone wants a go.
Funnily enough I began watching on Sunday - currently up to episode 8, so will likely finish this evening. Once I get the set, I will watch it dubbed just to switch up the experience I have with the show

Mrclt1994 said:
Funnily enough I began watching on Sunday - currently up to episode 8, so will likely finish this evening. Once I get the set, I will watch it dubbed just to switch up the experience I have with the show
I think it would be tough for me to watch the dub, Chiyo's Japanese voice just feels too perfect. The whole cast is pretty great really. It might be interesting to hear a different version though, I'd probably have to try a few key scenes at least.

Toonami is doing pretty well over the past few weeks:

24th October:
Time - Show - Viewers (000)
12:00a - Dragon Ball Z Kai - 1478
12:30a - Akame ga Kill - 1183
01:00a - Parasyte -the maxim- - 1026
01:30a - Michiko & Hatchin - 910
02:00a - Naruto Shippuden - 783
02:30a - One Piece - 681
03:00a - Kill la Kill - 595

31st October was Akame ga Kill marathon.

7 November:
12:00a - Dragon Ball Z Kai - 1684 (+204)
12:30a - Akame ga Kill - 1447 (+264)
01:00a - Parasyte -the maxim- - 1250 (+224)
01:30a - Michiko & Hatchin - 1112 (+202)
02:00a - Naruto Shippuden - 1099 (+316)
02:30a - One Piece - 922 (+241)
03:00a - Kill la Kill - 773 (+178)

14 November:
12:00a - Dragon Ball Z Kai - 1751 (+67)
12:30a - Akame ga Kill - 1446 (-1)
01:00a - Parasyte -the maxim- - 1323 (+73)
01:30a - Michiko & Hatchin - 1205 (+93)
02:00a - Naruto Shippuden - 1029 (-70)
02:30a - One Piece - 923 (+1)
03:00a - Kill la Kill - 921 (+148)

thedoctor2016 said:
Whats a joke?

A joke is a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

underwaterrayromano-620x.jpg

Underwater Ray Romano is the joke. It's an old meme.

Higurashi, WITS BD & More on Section23 March Line-Up

Section23's March 2016 line-up.

UPDATED with Special Features noted.

Wizard Barristers: Complete Collection
Release Date: March 1st | Region: USA/1 (Publisher: TBA) | Format: Blu-ray & DVD | Languages: English/Japanese
Price (SRP): $59.98, $69.98
Special Features: Web Previews, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation
Notes: None.

Wolf Girl & Black Prince: Complete Collection
Release Date: March 8th | Region: USA/1 (Publisher: TBA) | Format: Blu-ray & DVD | Languages: Japanese
Price (SRP): $49.98, $59.98
Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation
Notes: 1 Disc release

Those Who Hunt Elves: Complete Collection (Sentai Selects)
Release Date: March 15th | Region: 1 (Publisher: TBA) | Format: DVD | Languages: English/Japanese
Price (SRP): $39.98
Special Features: Production Sketches, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation

Waiting In The Summer: Complete Collection
Release Date: March 15th | Region: USA (Publisher: TBA) | Format: Blu-ray | Languages: Japanese
Price (SRP): $59.98
Notes: Includes OVA (wasn't included in original DVD release).

Higurashi: When They Cry: Season 1 Collection
Release Date: March 15th | Region: USA/1 (Publisher: TBA) | Format: Blu-ray & DVD | Languages: English/Japanese
Price (SRP): $49.98, $69.98
Notes: 4 Disc release for Blu-ray (1-8, 9-15, 16-21, 22-26)

Celestrial Method: Complete Collection
Release Date: March 22nd | Region: USA/1 (Publisher: TBA) | Format: Blu-ray & DVD | Languages: Japanese
Price (SRP): $49.98, $59.98

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun: Complete Collection
Release Date: March 22nd | Region: USA/1 (Publisher: TBA) | Format: Blu-ray & DVD | Languages: English/Japanese
Price (SRP): $59.98, $69.98, $129.98
Special Features: Nozaki-kun Shorts, Promos, Commercials, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation
Collector's Edition Extras: Chipboard Box, Sticker, Tattoos, Poster, Hard Cover Booklet, 2 CD's

Utawarerumono: OVA Collection
Release Date: March 29th | Region: USA/1 (Publisher: TBA) | Format: Blu-ray & DVD | Languages: English/Japanese
Price (SRP): $29.98, $39.98
Special Features: Picture Dramas, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation
Notes: 1 Disc release

Vampire Princess Miyu: Complete Collection (via Maiden Japan)
Release Date: March 29th | Region: 1 (Publisher: TBA) | Format: DVD | Languages: English/Japanese
Price (SRP): $49.98
Notes: Re-release. Possibly done to replace stack box and fix video quality issues from previous release.

tumblr_nbe8zk5sSe1ti6a52o1_500.gif

Joshawott said:
Wait, Sentai Filmworks are giving Wizard Barristers a dub, but not Shirobako?

What the...

Based solely on the title, knowing nothing about the content, what sounds more exciting Wizard Barristers or Shirobako?

Given dubs tend to appeal to the casual crowd and Shirobako probably won't, I can see why they've made that decision. Although Wizard Barristers does sound like the best/worst thing ever...

Buzz201 said:
Although Wizard Barristers does sound like the best/worst thing ever...
The series was fairly average as a whole, but the animation in the last few episodes was so laughably bad. I really hope that was fixed for the home video release.

I guess this is why it's important to watch the legal streams, otherwise they get super-weird viewing figures and strange decisions are made o_O

Looking forward to Nozaki-kun and Ookami Shoujo from Sentai.

R

Buzz201 said:
Based solely on the title, knowing nothing about the content, what sounds more exciting Wizard Barristers or Shirobako?

Given dubs tend to appeal to the casual crowd and Shirobako probably won't, I can see why they've made that decision.
I agree with this completely, despite/because of my intense love for Shirobako.

I kind of liked Wolf Girl & Black Prince but I don't think I could make it a high priority. I think it's one of those shows where your enjoyment is likely to depend heavily on how you interpret the characters and read between the lines. I was personally quite fond of the yuri and yaoi undertones, though they almost certainly didn't actually exist (also, apologies if I'm misusing the terms).

Waiting in the Summer looks like something I might like so I might be interested in a Blu-ray release. I should really watch the DVDs first, although I do like to get things in HD when possible.

I guess I'll have to save a bit for the Nozaki-kun Collector's Edition, I'm considering cutting down on fancy editions of things but this is the sort of show I'd still make an exception for anyway.

Back