[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Funimation have announced the next batch of shows taking part in their special Broadcast Dub route. In addition, Funimation have also announced Dubble Talk where they discuss broadcast dub shows and recap on other news.

The following will be part of the Dubbletalk block:

- Assassination Classroom
- Death Parade
- Tokyo Ghoul √A

Additionally, the following series will be getting the Broadcast Dub treatment this season:

Phase I

- The Rolling Girls
- World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman
- Kamisama Kiss Season 2

Phase II

- Absolute Duo
- Yurikuma Arashi
- Yona of the Dawn Season 2
- Maria the Virgin Witch

This leaves Cute High Earth Defence Club Love!, Garo: The Animation, Samurai Warriors, Shonen Hollywood and Yatterman Night as the remaining Winter 2015 Funimation Simulcasts that will remain subtitle only in this season.

I might be very disconnected from this season due to not actually picking up any new IPs, but are half of those shows actually popular enough for Funi to do "broadcast dubs" for?
Rolling Girls seems to be a prime example of a show which had a fair amount of buzz previously, yet nobody seems to mention it at all now.

Mangaranga said:
I might be very disconnected from this season due to not actually picking up any new IPs, but are half of those shows actually popular enough for Funi to do "broadcast dubs" for?
Rolling Girls seems to be a prime example of a show which had a fair amount of buzz previously, yet nobody seems to mention it at all now.

I'd definitely say Assassination Classroom & Death Parade warrant it, they're two of the bigger shows this season & appear to be quite popular.
Rolling Girls buzz has died down, yeah ..the show seems much slower paced than the first episode suggested, may pick up steam again the further the show goes.

Yurikuma Arashi appeals to certain crowds (given the creator), it's not all that popular (I've seen the content put many people off, too confusing, etc) but it's one of those shows that's so odd that I'd say a dub is worthwhile on people suggesting it alone.

Obviously Ghoul & Kamisama Kiss have established fan bases already so those two are a given.

The others, I have no idea. Maria seems to be going down quite well but doesn't seem to be as watched as fans of the show would like. I cannot say much for the other titles, not seen them but they seem very ..standard for their genres from what I've read.

Aniplex News Ahoy:

All disc specs will be shown on Cover Art thread.

- Aniplex have picked up the rights to The Anthem of the Heart -Beautiful Word Beautiful World-
- Hanamonogatari, the Suruga Devil arc from Monogatari series: Second Season will be out on Blu-ray in April 21st.
- Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners): recalled out summer. will receive a Limited Edition Blu-ray release. Since there were no English subtitles included in the original Japanese Blu-ray release, this is a domestic release and not an import.
- Magi: The Kingdom of Magic has been dubbed and will be released in two DVD sets like Season 1. Set 1 will be out March 31st and Set 2 will be out May 26th.
- World Conquest Zvezda Plot will receive a subtitle only complete series set on DVD for April 28th.
- And finally Sword Art Online II will be heading to Toonami on March 28th. This happened with Season 1 as well so chances are Box Set 1 will be available in the summer.

Someone asked about Day Break Illusion and unfortunately there is still no news with regards to the title, in addition (based on the wording) they apparently have no idea if they've got home video rights.

Hanamonogatari and KnK Mirai Fukuin will be picked up. Apparently they both come out on the same day too (21st April).
KnK being a Bluray only release it makes me question whether there will be a domestic BD release of the first eight movies.
I'm kind of interested in Magi, but not unless Aniplex go back and do Blurays for both seasons. I know a UK BD exists, but >Kaze.

NormanicGrav said:
Looks like One Piece Season 7 (Summit War: Sabaody arc most likely) has been picked up by Funimation as one of the characters voiced in that arc has been cast.

10959702_783226661758896_7584309284798806812_n.jpg

I am hoping they have Johnny yong bosch voicing Law

Aniplex uploaded some trailers to go with their announcements:

Garden of sinners -recalled out summer-

Garden of sinners -recalled out summer- Extra Chorus

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic English Dub Trailer

Hanamonogatari

Last edited by a moderator:
I may buy recalled out summer with English subs after I have got the Japanese blu rays with subs for the main series maybe maybe. More interesting as it indicates the potential pricing for the HF movies (about $70 each)

Funimation's May line-up will be announced this week but ANN have leaked some of the titles confirmed for the list:
- .hack//ROOTS - Complete Series [DVD]
- Bubblegum Crisis 2040 - Complete Series [DVD] (Anime Classics - Re-release)
- Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor - Complete Series (Season 2) [Blu-ray/DVD] (Anime Classics)
- Nobunagun - Complete Series [Blu-ray/DVD] (Standard/LE)
- Puchim@s Petit iDOLM@STER - Season 1 [DVD] (Subtitle only)

The new additions (.hack//ROOTS, Nobunagun and Puchim@s) were actually confirmed a while back by Funimation themselves.

NormanicGrav said:
Funimation's May line-up will be announced this week but ANN have leaked some of the titles confirmed for the list:
- Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor - Complete Series (Season 2) [Blu-ray/DVD] (Anime Classics)

The new additions (.hack//ROOTS, Nobunagun and Puchim@s) were actually confirmed a while back by Funimation themselves.

Got a link? I can't find it on ANN

Just Passing Through said:
NormanicGrav said:

Got a link? I can't find it on ANN

It's one of those ANN Banner adverts (might be region restricted). Fandom Post found it and will eventually get screenpics later.

UPDATE: Here it is:

e2b1cf5fb8b1e986810e226bfa827a8b851ef452.png

4e91ac2cb0cfdba76d46d6fb06e4575cdaba7377.png
77eb2442ee97c6f390709b13e08cace950283ed0.png

Funimation have announced officially that One Piece Season 7 has been acquired for home video release:
WTK said:
1:18:12 Piece by Piece with Josh Kocurek

- Season 7 is officially announced
- 6 installments (episodes 385 - 456)
- Working on commissioned covers already (starting with first voyage; planned for summer 2015)
- Broadcast dub of One Piece has been discussed & looking for feedback

Season 7 will cover the majority of the Summit War arc - Sabaody Archipelago Arc (385-405), Amazon Lily Arc (408-421), Impel Down Arc Part 1 (422-425), Little East Blue Arc (426-429) and Impel Down Arc Part 2 (430-456).

No filler episodes in this bunch but a couple of special episodes instead (like 426-429).

New World starts at episode 517.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Darker Than Black Season 1 Blu-ray has just been announced by Funimation with a release date of May 12th, noticed it after seeing a video from funimation in my youtube subscriptions announcing it.

Looks like it'll just be a premium edition limited to 5,000 units for now though, with a price tag of $99.98.

Hopefully they'll do a standard edition further down the line.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/02/ ... o-blu-ray/

http://shop.funimation.com/Complete-Fir ... override=1

I was going to say there was barely anything in May from Funimation for me to get and given that I haven't seen Darker than Black looks like it's time to get my pre-order ready. $99.98 is about £65.16 which was the same price as Psycho Pass Premium Edition if I remember correctly (assuming that DTB is 26 episodes then that's fine by me with the price tag).

UPDATE - Funimation's May line up has been updated. Puchimas Season 2 and S.A.V.E. editions for Michiko & Hatchin and Solty Rei were added. Both seasons of Puchimas will be Funimation Exclusive for now. Artwork and specs will be up on the Overseas Thread very soon.

Not sure I liked DtB enough to pay for an upgrade, even if my first season set is Manga UK's version. Hopefully waiting a while will yield a cheaper Classics release.

NormanicGrav said:
Both seasons of Puchimas will be Funimation Exclusive for now.

:(

R

Rui said:
Not sure I liked DtB enough to pay for an upgrade, even if my first season set is Manga UK's version. Hopefully waiting a while will yield a cheaper Classics release.

NormanicGrav said:
Both seasons of Puchimas will be Funimation Exclusive for now.

:(

R

I'm sure it's not retailer exclusive (like Darker Than Black Season 1 Premium) since why would they even bother adding Region 2 & 4 to the region list (yes it's a Media Factory title also). Guess we'll have to find out if Rightstuf & UP1 will add them or not.

I "YES"'d so much at the DtB Bluray announcement. It's been a long time coming and the show really bloody deserves it. Day 1 Purchase.
It would have been nice if they went all out and split it over 4 discs rather than 3 though. Filesizes are going to be slightly bigger than usual to start with since both audio tracks are 5.1.

Also:
* This title is NOT a retailer exclusive. So, check with your favorite retailer to place your pre-order!

britguy said:
Will DtB really benefit that much? I'm assuming it will be an upscale?
It's HD Native, although being a BONES title it's likely it's actually animated ~540p - like other shows e.g. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood/Soul Eater/Un-Go etc.

AH thanks, the three shows you mention have all been owned at some point on BD by myself and I think they all looked great, DtB is one of my favourite shows so i'll likely commit to buying then :)

Back