Pictures In your Signatures

Isamu

Completely Average High School Student
I just wanted to ask why no one has got a Picture in their Signature. I am part of other forums and they really like it if you have one. Is there some thread that I have missed that talks about it or is it just not practical?

This is my fault.

We had a system set up a little while ago where people couldn't stick images in signatures but since upgrading the forum software, it's not working anymore.

Basically, we agreed a few months ago that we wouldn't allow images in signatures. They can be too big (deforming the site layout), make the place look untidy and make the site loading time hell for 56k users.

I'm planning on explaining these rules in a sticky thead in the introductions forum, that way most won't be confused :)

Thanks for that I just wanted to clear a few things up. You can lock this Thead if you want as there is no point in carrying it on. Thanks again.

I think having images isn't such a bad idea. I like signatures, they give the user more character. I suppose the loading time and such can be bothersome but you could have an image size rule, like no bigger than an average banner and a size restriction, just a thought.

i have to agree with yosho i do miss the sigs aswell

maybe make a maximun size limit for them?

besides if ur still on 56k u deserve to have slow loading times :p

They're OK if they're small, but you often get sigs that are so big you have to tab across to read a simple message.
I don't think they're that necessary, as surely an avatar is evidence of a persons individuality :wink:

It doesn't really bother me at all, i actually think it probably looks nicer and tidier without them, but also i think that if there was a size resriction that would be ok aswell

Well i have a picture sig at the moment but i have kept it to a small one, i believe it does give the user character however too big the sig must be hell for 56Kers and remember we was all there once.....wasnt we?

Back