Production I.G post second part of interview with Yoko Kanno

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<a href="http://productionig.com/contents/works_sp/47_/s08_/000660.html">Production I.G have published the second</a> (and fairly short) part of their interview with the legendary soundtrack composer Yoko Kanno. The interview, intended to promote Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society, is especially interesting in terms of revealing how Kanno approaches her work for film.
<ul>"I think music is closer to emotions. When I say that it precedes words, I mean closer to pure emotiveness. For example, I feel I compose music to express my feelings that arise from seeing the everyday world around me. Vague and raw feelings which are not clear enough to be put into words. To give you a more specific example, the primitive and unresolved feelings such as "This person interests me," "I don't like that person, but I can't ignore him/her," "I want to go, but I don't want to leave," or "It will be dangerous, but it will be fine." You know what I mean? I think I am fascinated with expressing feelings that can't be expressed well with words."</ul>

Back