Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movies, Knights of Sidonia Delayed

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
At the MCM London Comic Con back in May, Manga Entertainment UK announced plans to release Aniplex and SHAFT's highly anticipated theatrical feature film pair Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie #1: Beginnings and #2: Eternal in the United Kingdom. Originally scheduled to be available on DVD and blu-ray from 10th August, the distributor has announced today that a wait on licensor approvals has resulted in a revised release date of 7th September 2015.

Released theatrically in Japan in 2012, the movies reunites director Akiyuki Shinbo (Monogatari series) and writer Gen Urobuchi (Fate/Zero) to retell the story of the critically acclaimed television anime series with all new animation, voice recordings and an original soundtrack composed by Yuki Kajiura (Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online). Manga Entertainment have yet to confirm whether this delay will impact their planned release of the 2013 original sequel, Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie #3: Rebellion, which is currently scheduled to be released on 28th September 2015.

Manga Entertainment aren't the only distributor to be affected by the wait for licensor approvals, as Animatsu Entertainment confirmed today that their planned DVD and blu-ray release of Netflix and Polygon Studios' mecha anime Knights of Sidonia has had its original 17th August release date moved to 7th September as well.

Will you be picking up either of these releases?

Source

These adjustments play havok with my budget. :) I also keep a list of releases each week so I know for budget reasons, and typically once I update it, something chagnes.

Ah well, these things happen.

Please know that we constantly strive to give fans the best possible quality releases and we hope you’ll see the detail and effort reflected in these titles.
Oh the irony considering the amount of dodgy releases Mangamatsu put out last year, as well as the upcoming Knights of Sidonia no doubt inheriting the dodgy video from Sentai's release.

Mangaranga said:
Please know that we constantly strive to give fans the best possible quality releases and we hope you’ll see the detail and effort reflected in these titles.
Oh the irony considering the amount of dodgy releases Mangamatsu put out last year, as well as the upcoming Knights of Sidonia no doubt inheriting the dodgy video from Sentai's release.

The blu-ray.com review suggests that's a problem that originates from source, rather than Sentai messing it up. No idea how true that is though...

Buzz201 said:
The blu-ray.com review suggests that's a problem that originates from source, rather than Sentai messing it up. No idea how true that is though...
Some of the problems are in the source but are far more noticable and problematic in Sentai's BD. I posted about this before, but Sentai's BD seems to have used Netflix's materials rather than encoding from the source. The problem with this is that the video looks like it's from a interlaced source, and as a result looks pixelated and has very obvious aliasing issues. These issues are not in the source material - and if you want proof of that look no further than the creditless opening and ending sequences on the same discs which would have been sourced from the JP materials. They do not suffer from the aforementioned issue.

I suspect I'll get the Madoka Movies but at least this gives me more time to maybe actually finally watch the show. It was near the top of my watch pile a little while ago but I think I put it somewhere in a recent reshuffle so I should really dig it out.

Back