Question about new Paranoia Agent release

VivisQueen

Adventurer
So I checked amazon and there are two versions. The newest one comes with interviews

2008 version: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paranoia-Agent- ... _cp_d_h__2

2010 version: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paranoia-Agent- ... _cp_d_h__1

The later version has extras, apparently, while the earlier one doesn't. For some reason, though, the first version is specifically stated as having Japanese language, while the newer version doesn't. For me, having Japanese language trumps extras (I HATE when a company denies me access to the original language, damn them).

But anyway, just wanted to confirm whether the newer version with the extras really doesn't have language options. Anyone own this? Thanks.

I'm almost certain the two releases will have exactly the same content. The 2010 edition is a repackaging of the 2008 edition, which itself was a repackaging of the 2006 edition, which was a repackaging of the singles. I have the 2008 thinpak and all the extras are correct and present.

I'd recommend the 2008 thinpak because it has better packaging (a sturdy art box as opposed to the keepcase of the newer release). And if you're going to buy the show, you should probably be quick about it; the new edition has disappeared from distributor MVM's store, suggesting they may have lost the license.

*SMASHES DOWN DOOR*

I HAVE THE RE-RELEASE! *puffs out chest*

The new brickset does have Japanese language, don't sweat it, I prefer PA's sub more too. The extras are quite nice as well.

FYI if you were lucky enough to somehow find an uncut version of disc 3, hold on to it, because this is the cut version.

I know there's an uncut version out there because I saw it when I rented from Love Film.

I also agree it's total BS when movies don't have japanese. I got Appleseed Ex Machina and since the dub cast wasn't the same as the original (Jamieson Price as Briareos = Awesome) I wanted to switch to sub, but the sub is bluray only, I was majorly peeved.

Jayme said:
Uncut, I imagine, was the very first release. Although that makes no sense since of the BBFC. Maybe you saw a special LF disc?

LF? I don't know what that is. Alls I know is it looked exactly the same as the one I now have, but definitely had the hanging part. I mean it's not a huge difference, so I'm not mad I just assumed the original had already cut that outand then when there was a big chunk missing in the new one I was all o_O?.

Still totally bizarre, don't get why it would've evaded censorship.

Oh of course XP Yeah, but weird that rental only should be uncut :p

And yes Outlaw you should =3 Anyone know when Dream Machine is coming out? or if out already any news on a UK release? I'd imagine it's a sure thing since Sony released both Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Appleseed Ex Machina... the sub is bluray only
o_O

Seriously? Surely this entire concept was done away with nearly ten years ago (apart from generally retarded releases like the Kurokami BDs, but that's a totally different situation).

Okay, so I can buy the 2010 version with its extras without sweating about anyone denying me Japanese goodness. Thank you! See, for a moment there, I thought the distributor had gone mad.

VivisQueen said:
Okay, so I can buy the 2010 version with its extras without sweating about anyone denying me Japanese goodness. Thank you! See, for a moment there, I thought the distributor had gone mad.

Don't worry, I'm sure they're still entirely insane, but just sane enough to have japanese audio and subs =P

You should just take a rest, take a rest, take a rest, take a rest...

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Hey whut...just looked at the schedule and there's another paranoia re-release listed for today =/ I assume it's just a second run or something...
That releease being what the thread is about. :p
If it's just a reprint or not?
As the old one has gone OOP.

Reaper gI said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Hey whut...just looked at the schedule and there's another paranoia re-release listed for today =/ I assume it's just a second run or something...
That releease being what the thread is about. :p
If it's just a reprint or not?
As the old one has gone OOP.

No, this thread is about the 2010 re-release, I'm talking about a re-release set for 7th feb 2011. I own the 2010 release =P

Back