Random Impulse made me buy Random Anime.

I thought you liked Dai-Guard, CG? I can't stand it myself.

Almost all of my anime purchases are blind buys, though in most cases I do a fair amount of research before laying down my cash. I'm trying and failing to remember the last time I bought anime I knew absolutely nothing about. VHS days, probably.

fabricatedlunatic said:
VHS days, probably.
Ah the good old VHS days when I randomly bought Blood the Last Vampire, Perfect Blue and Ghost in the Shell among other things. Good times. Random buys can feel really satisfying when you get it right.

It's weird, the artwork for the Perfect Blue VHS is better than the cover for the DVD.

Sy said:
It's weird, the artwork for the Perfect Blue VHS is better than the cover for the DVD.
It's very eye-catching. I actually remember buying it from Forbidden Planet, though I don't think it was a random impluse purchase.

One notable anime I randomly bought (because it was cheap) is the first Giant Robo tape. That turned out to be my favourite show.

I tend to impulse buy all the time, usually because of the cover. I haven't fallen prey to a really bad one yet thankfully.

I almost always know a little about things I end up buying. I do buy things because I like some other work from Mangaka X or from Director Y. Not always a wise thing to do.

CitizenGeek said:
>awful
>Tank Police
yotsubano.png

I randomly bought She the Ultimate Weapon and The Shinkai Collection because they were just there and cheap.. I normally do that a lot.

JamesX said:
I randomly bought She the Ultimate Weapon and The Shinkai Collection because they were just there and cheap.. I normally do that a lot.
Smashing choices, those. I myself also bought the former blindly. I was in an odd place called 'Fopp'. The name never ceases to amuse me.

I bought the first volume of Haibane Renmei on impulse as the artwork caught my eye, defo a gd call as its one of my favourites. I very nearly bought gunslinger girl in a small shop near me this morning for a tenner pre-owned, but i left it as i didn't wanna risk it.

Manga-wise i bought YuYu Hakusho on impulse an its the only manga i have felt let down by to date.

Shakey said:
I bought the first volume of Haibane Renmei on impulse as the artwork caught my eye, defo a gd call as its one of my favourites. I very nearly bought gunslinger girl in a small shop near me this morning for a tenner pre-owned, but i left it as i didn't wanna risk it.
Gunslinger girl might surprise you if you like slow paced shows such as haibane.

Back