RaptureTV confirm Wolf's Rain for UK TV

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
In a <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewpress.php?showarticle=63">press release</a> sent out earlier today, inbound UK digital TV chanel RaptureTV have confirmed one of the two anime series they intend to broadcast is Wolf's Rain.<ul class="menu">"It (Wolf's Rain) will be scheduled on Thursdays at 8.30pm, and repeated on Sundays at 8.30pm. Rapture will launch on the 14th of November in the entertainment section of Sky’s EPG, with Wolf Rain’s first episode screened on Thursday the 17th, and will be repeated on the 20th. The second ‘Anime’ acquisition will be announced at the MCM Expo, held in the Excel conference centre, on the 29th of October 2005."</ul>This highly-rated "action-packed, emotionally draining" 30 episode sci-fi TV series is from Studio BONES, the makers of Fullmetal Alchemist and RahXephon. It is due for a UK DVD release courtesy of Beez starting in Autumn (the first volume is currently set for 10 October) and is essentially the first "mature" anime series to premiere on UK TV for well over a year.

Damn lol I was trying to get that scoop, Ive been prodding them for weeks :lol: Anyway pretty good news!
Update: I looked on the Rapture forums and I think it was my prodding that they annoucned it, oh well lol

Great news! I never imagined that Rapture would get Wolf's Rain, a mature post-apocalyptic series that explores meaningful themes while showing the emotional and physical journey of four unlikely companions, and the even more interesting supporting cast. I already own the whole series (who could resist the R1 artbox with Kiba plushie?), but I may find myself watching this just to support the channel, Wolf's Rain is certainly worth it.

The press release says 26-episode, though, which puts into doubt if the superb (and necessery for the closure of such a plot-based series) OVA episodes will be shown. Fingers crossed!

Assuming Rapture will be avaliable (at least at some point) on NTL, I will certainly take the oppourtunity to see a series I didn't want to buy the DVDs for if I can.

I would NEVER have thought of them getting Wolf's Rain...everyone thought FullMetal Alchemist or Inuyasha. I wonder what the other Anime is...and the 17th November is SO far away! All hail RATURE! New favourite channel! Toonami...you have dissapointed me..

Imp said:
I would NEVER have thought of them getting Wolf's Rain...everyone thought FullMetal Alchemist or Inuyasha. I wonder what the other Anime is...and the 17th November is SO far away! All hail RATURE! New favourite channel! Toonami...you have dissapointed me..

:D I will now hold hope for Witch Hunter Robin or ROD TV, among others, but FMA will be great nonetheless!

That is one of the most unexpected things i have EVER read lol.

Beez didn't even hint at this TV idea, and the thing is that they are a French based company, this is just awesome.

We also know that the other TV series will be sumthing from MVM (Yu Yu Hakusho) because i think that was liscenced for TV if i'm correct :p

That's really good news, heh.

I'd be surprised if Fullmetal Alchemist was snapped up too; it just seems too big, to be honest. I wouldn't mind at all, but I think it's too much to hope for. They might go for something a little less emotionally heavy to bring a contrast; perhaps Inuyasha (although personally I'm not bothered about that)... or Naruto? Seeing as that's being shown in the US now it's probably fair game. And if they wanted to wait for the Expo to announce it, chances are it's something worth really shouting about. Just a hunch.

Wolf's Rain is a great choice, and in fact one of my all time favourite series, though an 8.30pm time slot certainly is pushing it for some of the heavy final episodes.

It's just fantastic to see the UK getting some decent anime on our airwaves for a change.

We've waited long enough for this chance, so lets make it count and be sure to tune in.

Oh. MY . GOD!!! MY FAVOURITE ANIME EVER IS COMING TO UK TV!!!!! :mrgreen: *gets up and dances arond madly*
Whew, I'm so happy, this has really made my day! now i just have to find what channel number Rapture is.

Wow....

Back