Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Ian Wolf said:
sanji no 1 said:
Ian Wolf said:
sanji no 1 said:
Castle of Cagliostro
7/10
Pretty decent for a Ghibli film considering i hate them.

Perhaps this is because it is not a Ghibli film, as it was made before the studio was founded.

Stop whining!

I'm not whining. I'm being pedantic - as I'm doing now.

Na i joke you man. Well i only thought it was a ghibli film because it had the same DVD design as the other ghibli films. My bad.

sanji no 1 said:
Ian Wolf said:
sanji no 1 said:
Ian Wolf said:
sanji no 1 said:
Castle of Cagliostro
7/10
Pretty decent for a Ghibli film considering i hate them.

Perhaps this is because it is not a Ghibli film, as it was made before the studio was founded.

Stop whining!

I'm not whining. I'm being pedantic - as I'm doing now.

Na i joke you man. Well i only thought it was a ghibli film because it had the same DVD design as the other ghibli films. My bad.

Yes - Optimum also release the films made by Ghibli directors, such as Little Norse Prince.

Master Keaton-A totally charming and exciting series,based on the manga by Naoki Urasawa best know for Monster and directed by Masayuki Kojima who also directed Monster so already the two shows have a lot in common,anyway onto the actual series,think Monster but without the creepy backdrop of serial killers and the darkness of said show,Keaton resloves around Taichi Hiraga-Keaton who studied archeology at Oxford university and is a insurance investigator who also spent time in the SAS so he can take care of himself if he gets into a scrap lol,unlike Monster which had a overall story arc,Keaton has a seperate story each episode and it works well its amazing how well written the series is and how much they put into each 20 min episode,the shows true strength lies in Keaton himself and his past,he is such a likeable character,there is so much to learn about him and as the series progresses we slowly see how he became the man he is today and his dad and daughter are a great addition to the cast,as i said before if you like Monster you will no doubt love Master Keaton and if you just love a good old fashioned detective mystery show you cant go wrong with Master Keaton.9/10

Doraemon666 said:
Master Keaton-A totally charming and exciting series,based on the manga by Naoki Urasawa best know for Monster and directed by Masayuki Kojima who also directed Monster so already the two shows have a lot in common,anyway onto the actual series,think Monster but without the creepy backdrop of serial killers and the darkness of said show,Keaton resloves around Taichi Hiraga-Keaton who studied archeology at Oxford university and is a insurance investigator who also spent time in the SAS so he can take care of himself if he gets into a scrap lol,unlike Monster which had a overall story arc,Keaton has a seperate story each episode and it works well its amazing how well written the series is and how much they put into each 20 min episode,the shows true strength lies in Keaton himself and his past,he is such a likeable character,there is so much to learn about him and as the series progresses we slowly see how he became the man he is today and his dad and daughter are a great addition to the cast,as i said before if you like Monster you will no doubt love Master Keaton and if you just love a good old fashioned detective mystery show you cant go wrong with Master Keaton.9/10

Really glad it's supposed to be good, really liked Monster. It cost me a bit to get some volumes of Keaton, so being putting it off just I case I'd spent an amount that wasn't worth it but think I'll be watching sooner rather than later now.

Just finished watching Outlaw Star. Was pretty Jolly. going to give it 8 out of 10. Think the giant fight at the end wasn't too bad, and that caster gun is freaken awesoome. Want one. Plus cat chick's funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Dracula-A fun and silly little series based on a 1979 manga by Osamu Tezuka,this is straight up slapstick silly comedy and does not pretend to be anything else and i loved it,it only lasted 8 episodes due to bankruptcy sponsoring problems and only 4 of those 8 episodes were brodcast.The actual series is about Dracula and his daughter Chocola and there faithful servant Igor,while dracula wants nothing more than to drink the blood of a beautiful woman his daughter just wants to be a noraml girl as she attends school and makes friends all the while being chased by Professor Hellsing in this series he is pure comedy and his plans are always riuned at the last minute as he suffers from hemorrhoids(yep you read right lol),its all just pure fun and one of those little shows that will put a smile on your face and at only 8 episodes it is not going to take up to much of your time but worthy viewing and and it was good to see Osamu Tezuka playing it for laughs as i,m sure he had a lot of fun writing the manga,its just a shame the anime was short lived as in my opinion it remains a little cult classic.8/10.

When you mentioned Kurosawa though, it occurred to me how good it would be if they made an anime version of Yojimbo. And apparently someone else agreed. I'd honestly never heard of this one before. Sadly, it seems to be a contemporary update rather than a straight up adaptation, but it might still be worth checking out.

Yeah, as soon as you mentioned Yojimbo I thought "there's bound to be at least one anime inspired by it, already out". Yojimbo's just been so influential. I might check that anime out, but I'm not overly hopeful about it yet.

-100 points for not making the main character look like Toshiro Mifune though

For real! What a missed opportunity.

Doraemon666 said:
Don Dracula-A fun and silly little series based on a 1979 manga by Osamu Tezuka

Holy crap, this is one of the many anime I saw at the time and totally forgot about.
Thanks for remembering this!

Teo

Evangeline 1.11

9/10

This is brilliant film. First time i watch it and i am enjoy it. Lot of action and awesome picture. I think story is excellent but i need re-watch it. Sometime I am confused or missed what they say because they are fast pacer I am happy with their character but main character is annoy because i think main character not understand what his job objection is save the world and he just want impression his father.

Bakemonogatari - 8/10

Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, but something about the way in which Bakemonogatari's string of troubled, helpless girls are all saved, one after the other, by the same man gives off a faintly unpleasant whiff of... something. But then one of the things I enjoyed most about Bakemonogatari is the delicious, delicious fanservice, so I'm hardly one to talk.

But it's the interactions between Arararagi and the girls that constitute the meat of the series, and the reason Bakemonogatari is worth watching. It's frequently funny, sometimes touching, and rarely (if ever) overly dramatic. Also, Hitagi is God's gift to otaku. Good Heavens.

Shinbo's direction continues to delight and frustrate in equal measure. Sometimes his quick cuts and odd framing add a lot to the humour or drama of a scene, while at other times the effect can be annoying and the backgrounds often look rather sterile. The more I think about it, the more my score seems too generous, but I did really enjoy Bakemonogatari. No, rly.

spriggan - 8/10

A really good surprise. Nice old school action movie.

Denpa Teki na Kanojo 9/10

Its been so long since i saw something with this quality (besides brotherhood which i've been watching) though the second episode was less better than the first. I whish it had more episodes.

ilmaestro said:
Have you seen Kurenai, bakum4tsu?

I think i saw a few episodes back then but didnt finish it and i know they are kinda related. Its in my wishlist and in my hd for a few weeks already. I think i might see it this week. :D I know its good.

Ah sorry. Why do you ask that? eheh

Gravion

I like this series alot it has comedy, kick ass music, a few fan services moments, and great action.

This series reminds me of gurren largann cause the robot starts off small and it gets bigger and bigger even the fights are similar but if I had to choose which one was my fav I'd choose gurren largann but gravion is still a great series

10/10

bakum4tsu said:
ilmaestro said:
Have you seen Kurenai, bakum4tsu?

I think i saw a few episodes back then but didnt finish it and i know they are kinda related. Its in my wishlist and in my hd for a few weeks already. I think i might see it this week. :D I know its good.

Ah sorry. Why do you ask that? eheh
Haha, pretty much for the reasons you guessed - it's really good, and related to Denpa-teki na Kanojo.

SHE, The Ultimate Weapon

While there were some bits of the animation style that I wasn't totally keen on (e.g. the red lines across the cheeks) I thought that this was a great series. I was on the verge of tears it was so tragic. I loved Shiju and Chise, and plot for most of the time just got better and better, as things got worse and worse for them.

Score: 9 / 10

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai 8/10

Really really good series. I wasnt expecting that much but since its review score was high i was expecting something at the same time.

Great story and drama.

So i suppose the show hasnt been licenced yet right? Instead they license a bunch of crappy stuff :evil:

Aim for the Ace-A true classic in every way and one of the most influential anime series ever made,not only is it one of the greatest sports anime ever it is also known for its influence on the mighty Gunbuster which is one massive tribute to the greatness of aim for the ace,the story evloves around Hiromi Oka a sweet girl who has a passion for tennis while not the best player in the world her grit and determination shine through and her new coach Jin Munakata sees her true potential can be achieved but only if she dedicates herself 100% to tennis and traning which eventually means friendships are put to the test,possible boyfriends are put on hold etc and thats what so great about the show,the growth of not only Hiromi but everyone around her as we see these young people reaching for there dreams no matter what and in some cases there dreams being shattered,and put all this in the melting pot along with the the genius directing of the late,great Osamu Dezaki and you,ve got one of the best series ever made,i really hope the 2nd series and ova,s get fansubbed at some point but to finally have the classic 1st series added to my collection is good enough for me,not just highly recommended this is totally essential viewing for any anime fan.10/10

Evangeline 2.22

Perfect Animation, Good storyline, Brilliant Character and Lot Action.

10/10

Trigun Badland Rumble

Iit is first time i watch it. I am very impressive with animation. I not understand why everyone dislike Vash. I think he is funny and goofy but he knew what he doing and want. I will buy Trigun Complete Series DVD future.

7/10

Back