Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

robot monkey said:
animefreak17 said:
robot monkey said:
One Piece season five voyage three

Dynamic set of episodes, have to shave a point off though as I really could have done without the repeated scenes of Robin being abused.

8/10
You like robin?
I do she's the most level headed member of the crew

Unusually for an action series I like all the main characters even Luffy, not something I can say for Naruto for example.

One Piece Season Five Voyage Four

Decent end to the best arc storyline so far.

Poor Merry well she served the crew well. That's the closest I think we've seen Luffy to losing a fight. Robin got her revenge I see.

9/10

I agree naruto characters aren't that likable but what can you do

Last edited by a moderator:
Tiger and bunny the rising

I'm a big fan of this series and when I saw the first movie which was the beginning....sorta of a retelling or was between the episodes of the series ...I don't know even tho it was that I enjoyed it.

But with rising this takes place after the series......thank God cause I was thinking it was going to be like beginning.......And .....well you know near the end of the serieswhere a organization called oroborus is behind a lot of stuff and so on and so forth that the series didn't get to.....yeah it doesn't get to that but this movie is kinda like the beginning movie but not a retelling and I really enjoyed it we get to see our favourite hero's and action and so on again kicking ass again.

Animation....kinda a hit and miss but still enjoyable
Characters....lovable
The story......pretty good
Action...good

I wish they would do more for this series cause it's better then the hero movies and series we got in the west.....yeah I went there.

8.5/10

I can't get into Horizon In The Middle Of Nowhere AT ALL.

There doesn't seem to be a story, it's all wishy washy and RANDOM AS HELL.

Plus I hate the main guy with all those gold chain things hanging off him. The way he's drawn grates on my too. Prima donna.

EUGH!!!!!!!!!!

So I watched Kiki's Delivery Service for the first time instead last night. Loved it :)

8/10

-Danielle- said:

Plus I hate the main guy with all those gold chain things hanging off him. The way he's drawn grates on my too. Prima donna.

EUGH!!!!!!!!!!

Give it time - it's definitely not the most accessible of shows, but if you try and forget about the story and just soak up the sheer bonkers-ness of it then it starts to click a little more. Also, the last couple of episodes pick things up a lot and have a bit more emotional/dramatic punch to them.

-Danielle- said:

There is a story but it takes a fair few episodes before anything starts making much sense. They don't really explain anything, especially the back story of why things are the way they are, you have to put what little info you get through out the series together as the series goes on.

Found this ages back when I was looking for more info. Might help make more sense of what's going on.
u77iR.jpg

Horizon is certainly difficult to get into (Emulsion's post is real helpful though, number 8 I didn't even pick up on..) didn't the director say he had a hell of a difficult time with the first few episodes cause of the sheer amount of lore? However, its definitely worth it once you get your head around it all. The second season is pretty fab too.. being British, you'll understand some neat historical references :) (Not sure if this is a spoiler? but I was pumped that they featured a battle around where I live, was way rad)

Good thing you're dub only when it comes to this show too, watching it with subs was crazy 0_o

Blue sweet flower

This romantic lesbian stuff isn't for me.

I didn't like the characters especially the one in the glasses.......but that one girl with the cute face was cute

6/10

Broken Blade (OVA) - 8/10

There was a lot to like about Broken Blade, it had a good plot and characters and the longer episode length allowed the story to develop more without the need to have starting wrapping the episode after 20 minutes. I also thought it was a really nice looking show with good looking mecha. It was a bit by the numbers and not terribly original which why I didn't score it higher but that takes nothing away from just how entertaining the show was for me, just a really solid mecha OVA like they used to do years ago!

Orgun said:

There was a lot to like about Broken Blade, it had a good plot and characters and the longer episode length allowed the story to develop more without the need to have starting wrapping the episode after 20 minutes. I also thought it was a really nice looking show with good looking mecha. It was a bit by the numbers and not terribly original which why I didn't score it higher but that takes nothing away from just how entertaining the show was for me, just a really solid mecha OVA like they used to do years ago!

I really, really enjoyed it - it does 'epic' incredibly well, helped along by an excellent score. My main faults with it would probably be that the ending doesn't feel very conclusive - seems like it was left very open for future installments.

Also, some of the fanservice in that show is pretty damn shameless.

Canaan 8.5/10
This was a fairly interesting series. Cool opening, interesting characters for the most part and good action scenes. I also really enjoyed Canaan and Maria's relationship.

Lutga said:
Orgun said:

I really, really enjoyed it - it does 'epic' incredibly well, helped along by an excellent score. My main faults with it would probably be that the ending doesn't feel very conclusive - seems like it was left very open for future installments.

There was fanservies?

I can't remember there being any.......

It's a shame because I was getting in too it, I tried the manga but it hasn't continued...which was a shame because I love this sort of story.

animefreak17 said:
Lutga said:
Orgun said:

There was fanservies?

I can't remember there being any.......

It's a shame because I was getting in too it, I tried the manga but it hasn't continued...which was a shame because I love this sort of story.

hot.jpg

Lutga said:
Lutga said:
Orgun said:

hot.jpg

Oh yes, there was fan service (sigh), Lutga I completely agree with your comments especially regarding the ending.

Genshiken season 1,2 and OVAs

It's was great seeing this again..I really like the first season because it's about saki who hates otaku and its a outsiders look on the otaku culture which was fun to watch.

Ovas gives us a new charecters and one of them is ougie who is so damn cute.

Second season didn't give me that enjoyment the first season did for some reason because The first season was about how saki hated otaku.....it was good tho.

I enjoyed this series but it's not a masterpiece

8/10

One Piece Season Five Voyage Five

After a strong run of episodes this collection represented far more of a mixed bag of quality, it started strongly, lost its way somewhat and then finished on quite a good episode.

Was surprised to see Cody again & that they had actually bothered aging him, the Zoro standalone episode was awful & they dragged out Franky joining the crew far too much. But like the new ship.

7/10

Thanks Lutga, Emulsion and Dannielle!

I really dislike said idiot in this. The way he looks, everything. Will I need to sort of like him to enjoy the show? Seeing as really you're meant to like the "main" character after all aren't you =/ lol. Will give it another try soon. Live action shows are potentially drawing me back in so will see!

Back