Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Lord El Meloi’s II Case Files I was wrong it is the best non Ufotable fate. Mainly due to the strength of the characters deffo looks like it’s wants a s2 at some point. My only criticise is I don’t like that Waver likes Kayneth because he’s not a good teacher in FZ, Rider said he wouldn’t want to be Kayneth’s servant, yeah Kiritsugu kills him cruely but he did broke the rules he went and killed Kirei’s father the priest breaking the rules of the war his arrogance is what let Kerry’s anti magic bullets destroy his circuits so Kiritsugu who needs to atone and he does that’s his plot of FZ why he changes at the end and I love Kiritsugu he does atone for his mistakes during the war so Waver shouldn’t have to I don’t hate him taking the name up though as I used to It explained it well I appreciate that side of his respect of Kayneth not the dreaming him side.
8/10

Spinoffs and alternate timelines drive me crazy, seems quite common in some shows, but it makes following a complete story end-to-end tough. I also don't like episodic stuff where the events of the episodes don't really mean anything (see: Space Dandy for an example).

If I come across a series with spin offs, but it has material that can cover one timeline I'm more likely to enjoy it, although I have started down the rabbit hole with Fate/Zero and Fate/UBW, they seem to continue each other, but there are other Fate spin offs.

With all this in mind I think it's safer if I do Ergo Proxy before I look at GitS :)
Haha Fate is definitely a rabbit hole but for it's best entries is worth while.

With GitS basically its different directors telling different stories. Theres the 2 Oishi cinema films which are their own thing. Very cerebral and require multiple watches really but are great. Then Kenji Kamiyama did the series version and told his own stories. The series format allowed for more action so the cerebral stuff could be delivered more bite sized, as it were, and it's easier to watch. You can watch the series on its own and it works in it's own right. I prefer it at any rate.

Theres a lot of great sci fi and fantasy genre shows for that era of anime... Claymore, Noein, Darker than Black, Elfen Lied, Texhnolyze

Some of the Stand Alone episodes are the best episodes giving some of the characters a bit more of their own time in the spotlight, thus making a better understanding of their actions in the overall.
There's also ARISE which is a sort of origins story, but again not strictly the same timeline as either the films or the SAC series, and there's also now SAC_2045 which although has SAC in the title doesn't seem to fit was the other SACs as there were a few discrepancies in facts..
And of course the thing that kicked it all off, the manga. Which again is probably a different timeline. Major is much more sassy in it than in the films especially. You get some of it in SAC though.

If you want to try another show I'd reccomend Ergo Proxy
Ergo Proxy is 23 episodes and as you said looks self contained.
✋😯
Can I just say that this is another series that I'd love the chance to simulwatch at some point.

It's complex — again not really something you can expect to grasp all of on your first watch — the characters are interesting and have their own motivations, and it's visually stunning as well, having a rather gothic aesthetic. It has the occasional sort of stand-alone episode in its last quarter, but they explore some very intriguing philosophical ideas. There's also one of the most surprising exposition episodes you'll ever see.

It's a favourite of mine, for sure.

✋😯
Can I just say that this is another series that I'd love the chance to simulwatch at some point.

It's complex — again not really something you can expect to grasp all of on your first watch — the characters are interesting and have their own motivations, and it's visually stunning as well, having a rather gothic aesthetic. It has the occasional sort of stand-alone episode in its last quarter, but they explore some very intriguing philosophical ideas. There's also one of the most surprising exposition episodes you'll ever see.

It's a favourite of mine, for sure.

Could be a good option after GL?

Hmm. I watched Ergo Proxy about uh... a year and a half ago? (Feels like forever) And I'm not sure I'd be up for rewatching it all at the moment, but I'd definitely follow the thread.

Yume kara Samenai - 5/10
Just your average old anime stuff. If you crave to watch something from the past, or you want to see a very old stuff from Shaft, you might be interested in this one. But don't expect anything from it, seriously.

Hmm. I watched Ergo Proxy about uh... a year and a half ago? (Feels like forever) And I'm not sure I'd be up for rewatching it all at the moment, but I'd definitely follow the thread.
Really didn’t like Ergo Proxy, its in my biggest let downs of anime list... I love cyberpunk but I think it’s a certain type I like... the first episode is great but I found the rest of it really boring.

Yeah, I can get that - I dropped it the first time I tried to watch it. I know that it's frequently described as a cyberpunk show, but I think that's mis-representing it.

I would also join in for Proxy, but I can't find the French CE blu ray in stock, for the life of me... Should've bought it when it came out.

Edit: disregard, found it on the official distributor's site. May just join the simulwatch.

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve got tbh... I don’t think we are ever gonna get Berserk the way we want it... not from any studio.. u need a Billionaire to just pump money into and give the studio the time they need... that’s never gonna happen... unless I somehow become a billionaire 🤣
Thought you'd be interested in this video The Canipa Effect did on the production of Attack on Titan. Really in-depth stuff and there's even a comparison with Berserk 2016 15 minutes in as he talks about WIT's struggles regarding the complex designs of the Colossal and Armoured titans.

Thought you'd be interested in this video The Canipa Effect did on the production of Attack on Titan. Really in-depth stuff and there's even a comparison with Berserk 2016 15 minutes in as he talks about WIT's struggles regarding the complex designs of the Colossal and Armoured titans.
I’ll add that to my watch later pal, only seen attack on Titan season 1 but watching season 2 this week.. will watch when I’ve caught up, cheers.

Last edited:
Amagi Brilliant Park.

Sento made it worth a bit of a higher score from me, best character.

This was a bit of a daft plot, but I enjoyed the ride all the same. KyoAni animation quality is superb as usual, and the supporting cast was pretty strong on the whole.

Ended with a couple of loose ends not tied up, but no chance of a season 2 and I am not convinced it necessarily needs one.

8/10.

Last edited:
Amagi Brilliant Park.

Sento made it worth a bit of a higher score from me, best character.

This was a bit of a daft plot, but I enjoyed the ride all the same. KyoAni animation quality is superb as usual, and the supporting cast was pretty strong on the whole.

Ended with a couple of loose ends not tied up, but no chance of a season 2 and I am not convinced it necessarily needs one.

8/10.
It's a great show, and all the more so for essentially being a gender-swapped stealth second season of Fumoffu.

Back