Reaching for the fast forward button

hopeful_monster

Thousand Master
What scenes,section, whole episodes or even arc's do you skip from the anime you watch. thought of this while watching Eureka 7 as i merrily skipped most of the bits where Renton made a complete muppet out himself (so most of the 1st DVD). Also any time I watch Rahxephon (once a quarter give or take) skip the bits about Kunigi's daughter and the entire of Episode 15 "The Children's Night"
Which bits do you skip?

I don't skip anything. I know it might be boring, but I feel that the animators deserve for their shows to be watched in entirety, no sliced up. To be honest, part of what makes a good show is that it's always interesting and entertaining. If it fails at that, I probably wouldn't watch it anyway.

If I skip anything, then it tends to just be the opening/closing credits. Sometimes I 'might' skip anything that's had a really negative affect on me, such as anything really sad, but that's about it.

I only skip the opening and end credits, after watching them once through first.

I even forced myself to sit through a whiney little emo kid called Shinji.

I watched the Bounto arc of Bleach, which I nearly skipped because of the episodes with Don Kanonji (god he was anoying) but after him and the Bounto arc kicked in, it was quite entertaining.

hopeful_monster said:
Also any time I watch Rahxephon (once a quarter give or take) skip the bits about Kunigi's daughter and the entire of Episode 15 "The Children's Night"

Yeah me too. I only saw that episode once and that was too much. :)

I don't really skip anything else apart from intros and the like.

I skip Recap episodes because the normally quite boring. I also skip the episodes where dark does stuff in DNAngel so I normally end up skipping half the series when I watch it.

I just skip through anything that realy annoys me in an anime like when they just talk for about an hour with nothing going on.

hopeful_monster said:
the entire of Episode 15 "The Children's Night"

Heh. Second time I watched it (just to make sure it was garbage) I knew there was no way I was watching that episode again.

Most of the end of Shuffle, and the last few episodes of Mai Hime, just lost interest as the story felt really stretched out

Lupus Inu said:
I've never skipped from any anime episodes, ever. Even if certain parts are mind-numbing crap, I put up with it.
Even the 5 minutes of recap at the start of most Naruto episodes? You have the patience of a saint.

I almost always watch the openings and endings for every episode as I fell it adds a nostalgic value later on.

As for skipping parts.
Nah,hardly ever if ever.

If i hear about a Filler season or episode of an anime i tend not too watch, but once it ends i tend to regret doing that.

Live and Learn, Hopefully

Back