Rebuild Of Evangelion - Chapter Titles Confirmed

jeremy1985

Kiznaiver
The Japanese titles for the last three chapters of the Rebuild of Evangelion theatrical remake project were confirmed in previews that ran before the Dengeki Movie Festival and other showings.

The second chapter is subtitled "Ha" ("Exposition"), the third one is subtitled "Kyu" ("Climax"), and the final one is currently subtitled just "?"

Along with Evangelion:1.0 You Are (Not) Alone's "Jo" ("Introduction"), the subtitles are the names for the three classical movements (Jo-Ha-Ky?) of traditional Japanese music such as gagaku and Noh

Source : Anime News Network

What is 'Rebuild Of Evangelion'?

In September 2006, the October edition of the Japanese anime magazine Newtype first reported that the new cinema series "Rebuild of Evangelion" would be released in the summer of 2007.

On September 9, 2006, GAINAX's official website confirmed that "Rebuild of Evangelion" will consist of four movies. The first three movies will be an alternate retelling of the TV series (including many new scenes, settings, backgrounds, characters), and the fourth movie will be a completely new conclusion to the story; the series is intended to be accessible to non-fans.

Source : Wikipedia

I need more information on this. What is it about? Is it a sequel, a retelling or something else?

Edit: Thank you for the extra info. :)

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I need more information on this. What is it about? Is it a sequel, a retelling or something else?

Edit: Thank you for the extra info. :)

Not to worry, happy to help.

i can't wait for the first film. i'm a huge evangelion fan!

ofcourse there will be a region 2 release... ITS EVANGELION!

have u not realised yet u cant whore this product out enuff!!

not that im complaining... i cant f**king wait for this!

skikes said:
Very true. Anything with that name on the box will be a surefire winner sales-wise so I'm guessing that the likes of Manga Ent and ADV will fall over themselves to licence it as soon as they can.

The news is very interesting, although I'm only cautiously optimistic as to how the end product will turn out. If Anno wants to revisit old projects, I'd rather he did a second season of Kare Kano - that's something I couldn't get enough of, even more so than Eva.

it wouldn't surprise me if manga got the rights to release it, seeing as they did the original movies (Death & Rebirth and End of...).

Seeing as adv got the seires + the directors cut dvds (plus re-releases with the platinum edition) i realy think manga will put in a big effort to get these.

(i also think that production quality of Manga dvds is brilliant. adv does a good job too, but manga is much better in my view)

Martin said:
skikes said:
Very true. Anything with that name on the box will be a surefire winner sales-wise so I'm guessing that the likes of Manga Ent and ADV will fall over themselves to licence it as soon as they can.

Very true, ADV will probably get it though, or at least the dubbing rights, if the English dub dosn't have the same voices then the fanbois ( not to mention Tiffany Grant if she can't play Asuka, ) will probably riot. :roll: ( Although with Amanda Winn not working for them anymore and after what they did with Gendo for the directors cut it makes me wonder. :? )

Tasker said:
if the English dub dosn't have the same voices then the fanbois will probably riot.
Not entirely, the fan boys want this, raw in Japanese format, because it was made by the hands of god.

Lupus Inu said:
Tasker said:
if the English dub dosn't have the same voices then the fanbois will probably riot.
Not entirely, the fan boys want this, raw in Japanese format, because it was made by the hands of god.

Nah, they'll want both. Just in case. :wink: ( Hey they're fan boys who 'really' knows how they think. :D )

I'll be interested to see how the end product turns out. I've not gotten into NGE much just yet, mainly due to the fact that i'm busy watching the new season of anime, but i'll do so eventually.

The one thing i would probably be looking into is, how much the end will differ to the original(s) and what will the reaction be to the fans of the series.

Call me Mr Cynical. but I'm not going to get too exited about these just yet. We've already had two endings to Evangelion, and now an(other) all-new retelling? It seems Anno-san has went a bit Lucas on us...

Back