Recommendations...?

DanM

Kiznaiver
Yeah, another recommendations topic ^^

But im looking for anime that you can buy on dvd, in the UK.
And preferably not in single releases :)

Any genre is fine as long as its not mecha. Never liked it.

Thanks, i was considering getting darker than black anyway ^^
Claymore... i have no idea what its about but it looks interesting :D

I would definitely second the recommendation for Wolf's Rain :) Some other series to try would be Outlaw Star (coming soon to Anime legends!), the Ghost in the Shell series (if you've not seen them already that is), Slayers and i'll also second Higurashi although that's going to be region 1 only for the forseeable future.

Although I probably won't talk to you much since you don't like mecha :p

Also surprised no one's welcomed you yet, so welcome to the forums :)

Trigun if you can find it, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, I'll assume you have Death Note going by your profile. How about some Paranoia Agent? £18 for the recently re-released boxset on play.com

Durial666 said:

I was thinking of My-HiME, but i read that its only in japanese on the dvd?
You'll probably hate on me for this but i cant stand subs, unless its a favourite series :p

Already watched haruhi, just waiting for the movie now ^_^
Ill look into black blood brothers and cowboy bebop, thanks :)

BlackWolf said:
I would definitely second the recommendation for Wolf's Rain :) Some other series to try would be Outlaw Star (coming soon to Anime legends!), the Ghost in the Shell series (if you've not seen them already that is), Slayers and i'll also second Higurashi although that's going to be region 1 only for the forseeable future.

Although I probably won't talk to you much since you don't like mecha :p

Also surprised no one's welcomed you yet, so welcome to the forums :)

Ghost in the shell... i bought one of the movies and it really didnt appeal to me.
Should i try and watch the series or something?
Oh. Im sorry i tried my best to like mecha >< haha
And thanks for the welcome! Iv been on here a while, but im just starting to get the hang of it :)

I third Wolf's Rain, it is quite possibly my favourite anime.

I know you said you don't like mecha, but I'd recommend Code Geass aswell. I'm not a huge fan of mecha myself, but this was the one anime where it didn't bother me so much :] (They don't have a boxset release just yet though, but the single sets are pretty awesome)

I'd also recommend Chrono Crusade, Noein, Last Exile and Haibane Renmei :]

DanM said:
I was thinking of My-HiME, but i read that its only in japanese on the dvd?
You'll probably hate on me for this but i cant stand subs, unless its a favourite series :p

Get the **** out. I'm waiting for Haruhi movie to be subbed, expect your wait to be substantially longer.

Kaede said:
DanM, have you checked out any of the Studio Ghibli films?

Yeah i have :D
I watched ponyo recently, my first anime film watched in the cinema.
Iv also watched spirited away, howls moving castle, totoro, princess mononoke. But thats about it :)

Ah cool. That's pretty much how I started out.

Have you seen The Girl Who Leapt Through Time? If you liked the Ghibli films you'll probably like this too (although it is very differnt). Comes with a great dub too.

Regards
K

The girl who leapt through time is on my to-buy list :)
Although i look at it everytime i go into hmv, i never get round to actually buying it... well thats what birthdays are for i guess :p

Back