Review: Millennium Actress

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
We have just posted Martin Butler's review of <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=243">Millennium Actress</a> (courtesy of Manga).<ul class="menu">"Thematically different from the likes of Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent, Millennium Actress is no less impressive and is a shining example of how animation can be as much art as entertainment. Is it history, a life story, a love story, or a film about films? The probable truth is that it is all of these things. It is not as dark as some of his other work and leaves some questions unanswered but it ably demonstrates his versatility as director and makes for emotional and compelling viewing."</ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=243">Read more...</a>

I've marked this in bold on my christmas list. I'm looking forward to watching this at the end of December.

The review is much the same as what I've read in Neo and on a few other sites, that it's a beautiful film that contrasts Satoshi Kon's other work nicely, but that it's not something that screams out "masterpiece".

If only I knew Manga UK were going to dub it in the UK sooner....I would of been on it

Anyone know the location and name of the studio Manga UK used to dub the movie. I need to know because if they get to dub another big fan favorite anime movie, I am in no way missing out on it (my VA resume could use a big fan favorite to really pad it out)

Neon-Noir said:
I've marked this in bold on my christmas list. I'm looking forward to watching this at the end of December.

The review is much the same as what I've read in Neo and on a few other sites, that it's a beautiful film that contrasts Satoshi Kon's other work nicely, but that it's not something that screams out "masterpiece".

It's very good, maybe not masterpiece, but it has the touches of Kon's other work that give the characters such life. The best way I have to describe it is that you could re-shoot it live action and wouldn't have to change a frame - it stands up to any film, not just anime.

Back