Review: Outlaw Star

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
We have just posted Jo Sarsam's review of <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=240">Outlaw Star</a> (courtesy of Bandai (R1 Import)).<ul class="menu">"If not the deepest or most original of series, Outlaw Star nonetheless delivers a solid helping of sci-fi adventure. With its mix of fast paced action, humour and a likeable cast of characters, this is one series that should remind you just why you got into anime in the first place."</ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=240">Read more...</a>

I think that's a pretty solid and fair review of a pretty soild and fair series. Some things I've read have really hammered Outlaw Star for being too cliched and petulant, but this one gives a well-rounded review.

Outlaw Star was one of the first series I saw, and will remain for me, a classic filled with anime nostalgia. It'd be nice if there was another seires one day, but that's another story.

Nice review ^_~

Its one of my favourite animes, I saw it last year while it aired on Toonami's late block.

I agree, a second series would be good beacuse of the way ity ended, not really resolving much, and like Martian Successor Nadesico, I still feel there are more stories to tell.

Yes a second series would be really good, Outlaw Star remains amoung my favourites, and i've hoped for a long time that there would eventually be more

Depends what you mean by cheap; Otaku have it for about £33 which imo is good value for 26 episodes (with free delivery, and they're based in this country so no customs), I doubt you'll find a legit copy much cheaper than that.

Rewatching the series has actually left me wanting to check out the manga in lieu of a second season; shame it was never licensed and doesn't seem to be available through 'alternate' methods either.

Great review! I think Outlaw Star is great, although there isnt enough of it :( I think that there should be another series though, would be great ^__^
Wavey said:
is there any cheap place to import the dvd set?

I don't know but I seriously reccommend that you buy it, even if they great review didn't persuade you!

oh I do plan on buying it :) I loved watching the few episodes I could catch on CNX :D and thats quite a good price, will have to get my chirstmas list going!!

DiscountAnimeDVD.com is currently holding a sale on all Bandai DVDs. It's a US-based site, but that reduces the Outlaw Star Collection Box to about £15-20. Not bad...

I love Outlaw Star- I'm re-watching it for about the fourth time, hehe ^_^ It's got some great moments, it doesn't lose anything if you watch it again because it's not trying to be anything other than what it is, and I love the music.

Generally you're okay if what you're ordering comes to less than £18 for merchandise, or £36 if it's labelled as a gift. Some firms are nice enough to 'forget' how much an item costs or put it down as a gift to minimise their customers' discomfort, but I get the feeling it's happening less. Either way, you're probably paying about exactly the same wherever you get it from.

But when I ordered my Box Set from Otaku UK, they said they wouldn't be able to get it any more. That may have changed now, though...

Solo Tremaine said:
But when I ordered my Box Set from Otaku UK, they said they wouldn't be able to get it any more. That may have changed now, though...

It seems to be in stock on their site now (although admittedly that could be just the one copy ;) )...I ordered mine in August/September, and although admittedly it took longer than usual, it did arrive in the end.

Red XIII said:
Depends what you mean by cheap; Otaku have it for about £33 which imo is good value for 26 episodes (with free delivery, and they're based in this country so no customs), I doubt you'll find a legit copy much cheaper than that.

I already have the box set but thanks for that link! I just bought a bunch of stuff I'd been looking for!

If you can't find the box set Wavey, then Amazon has it for an ok price under used and new, and so far, the only place I've had to pay customs was with dvdlegacy. Just avoid them and you'll be fine ^^

this show is great. the begining was thrilling. the middle had lots and new and exciteing thing which kept you from getting bored and the end was just what you would expect it to be ..... great. not all seire have such a well balanced setup that you love it all the way though.

Back