Samurai 7

Richy

Brigade Leader
Currently a fansub project between ANBU & Anime-Keep, this is a superb series, and I'd recommend it to fans of action-related anime!

Anyho, I'm too tired to type anymore, so I'll let you people try and squeeze some sort of discussion out of this ^^;

I've been kinda' following Samurai 7, and have seen up to episode 6 so far. The animation is typically (for Gonzo) very flashy, but I'm yet to be really interested by the story. The action has some really cool moments, especially the samurai with the big blone hair; he is just coolness.

I was going to finish off watching Madlax from ANBU before I started getting into Samurai 7 but I followed you’re recommendation and have started to watch it now.

The opening scene of episode one’s pretty cool and so’s most of the action that I’ve seen so far, but the story reminds me of Disney’s Antz, you know where they have to harvest the seeds then the Crickets come and take it every season, so the Ants go find warriors to combat them. I hope Samurai 7 puts a twist on the story (apart from having badass Samurai with killer swords).

ANBU & Anime-Keep have got a good one here, I’ll continue to watch the rest.

I saw a couple of episodes of Samurai 7 at AmeCon, but wasn't terribly impressed. I kinda knew where everything was going already (it's just a remake of Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai), and it felt like a padded-out version of that.

Some interesting designs and animation, but that's par for the course for Gonzo.

I haven't actually seen Seven Samurai, so I can't really say much on that. To be fair, I didn't really get into it until about episode 8 or 9; it does begin relatively slow-paced, but I tried not to let it put me off too much.

I’ve just finished watching the available episodes (10), Its grown on me I think and has become quite enjoyable, it gets better as it goes along but the early episodes tend drag on a bit and are predicable but apart from that its nice to watch something that’s easy to get into and you don’t have to think hard about what’s going. Even though anime with deep and meaningful stories are my favourite type, it’s a nice break.

Episode 7 is my least favourite so far ‘cos for some reason the animation goes all screwy and looks like a kid drew it, but thankfully goes back to normal from ep. 8.

I reckon someone will eventually get it, be it MVM (more likely) or ADV but even an American release is far off so a UK date will be far in to the future.

I remember reading somewhere that ADV UK has a good relationship with GONZO, which basically led to them sub-licencing and releasing the likes of Hellsing and Last Exile over here. I'm betting it will eventually end up being released by them in the UK, just like another GONZO anime to not have a UK license yet - Bakuretsu Tenshi.

havent seen it yet, but i hope it does come out - one way or another, cos i do wanna see it (being a seven samurai fan). But to be completely honest - the one samurai anime I am really looking forward to is champloo. now I hope THAT one comes out here quick time :p

Back